Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #1
mritchken

Default Mouse Pointer Vanishes on Extended Screen

I upgraded an HP TouchSmart all in one PC from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, both 64 bit versions. Following the upgrade, everything worked fine for a while. I was just notified by the Windows 10 OS, that the Display Link Core Software was not Windows 10 compatible and was being removed from the PC. I downloaded the new version of the software from the Display Link web site and installed it. While the screen now works in extended mode, the mouse pointer does not display in the Display Link adapter extended screen. Any ideas as to how to fix this issue?
mritchken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
AlbanRampon

Hello,

The message you received during the upgrade was a bit misleading but normal.
Windows 10 Anniversary Update has new features we take benefit from, and this means we had to force the removal of the older driver architecture. Windows will have already installed the new driver silently without even needing a reboot.

Also, what could have happened is that Microsoft now forces the default behaviour of new displays. Maybe before you were in clone mode and now you are in extended desktop mode. I would need more information from you on what you are trying to achieve.
If you see the background, then DisplayLink driver is installed and works correctly. On 8.0 M3, we don't touch the mouse cursor, we don't even know it's there or not.
On 8.1 M0, we are handling the cursor to improve its smoothness as we observed that leaving it to Windows would cause a slow moving cursor.

Could you install 8.1 M0 from our website and give more details about what you expect to see overall?

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mouse disappears