Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #41
katlemons

But what if you're not in rotated mode?

And do we follow the steps above just on the mac display since the USB display isn't working?

Thanks!
Kat
katlemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #42
Sofiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlemons View Post
But what if you're not in rotated mode?

And do we follow the steps above just on the mac display since the USB display isn't working?

Thanks!
Kat
I think what Christian was trying to say is that booting in safe mode and opening up the display prefs, should reset all displays back to their default settings.

I can't vouch for this method however, because I just restored from Apple to 10.7.2 (this was the version preinstalled on my Macbook Air mid 2011). All of my apps/docs/preferences and even my virtual machine was preserved, and my display is working again in rotate mode. I made many backups before restoring, since I figured I'd be starting from a blank slate, but that wasn't the case thankfully.

I agree with chaz4070: There really should be a disclaimer on the DisplayLink homepage for Mac Support warning people not to upgrade to 10.7.3 until this issue has been resolved. It would save a lot of people a lot of time. This is already the 4th most viewed mac related thread on this forum ever with 2500+ views.
Sofiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #43
Jesse W

Is there a way we can be notified when updated drivers are available? I should have checked the forums here before upgrading to 10.7.3. I'm now out a display.
Jesse W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #44
Sofiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse W View Post
Is there a way we can be notified when updated drivers are available? I should have checked the forums here before upgrading to 10.7.3. I'm now out a display.
Hopefully this thread will be the first place where we find out about a fix. You could subscribe to this thread using the "thread tools" menu and get notified when there's an update. It would be nice if there was a better way.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #45
Triptoph

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickbdotcom View Post
Some people seem to be having issues with the 10.7.3 delta update. Has anyone tried the combo update to see if that makes any difference?
Yes, I used the combo update, and have the same symptoms described here when the DisplayLink adapter is plugged in attached to my rotated display (which was set to rotated mode before the update): I get a blue screen on my MBP 15" late 2011, and on my external landscape-mode display connected via direct displayport connection, while the 3rd rotated display connected to the DisplayLink adapter remains black.

Good luck DisplayLink team with this one. I appreciate the openness displayed on this thread about the difficulty involved with lack of info from Apple etc.; that's refreshing to see! Cheers.
Triptoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #46
AppleMacGenius

Default As far as we can go on troubleshooting..

I think we have gone as far as we can go.

The rebooting while holding shift and then opening System pref/display worked to get my system back to 3 monitors..

I will wait to see if something comes out this week... crossing figures since I rely on 3 monitors to work.
AppleMacGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #47
rjimenez

Default Finally, something that works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Here follows an alternative way for resetting the display preferences:

1. Remove the DisplayLink adapter
2. Boot in safe mode (pressing and holding the shift key after the startup tone, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455)
3. Just open the Display preferences in system preferences (not sure this is needed)
4. Reboot
5. Connect your DisplayLink adapter. The rotation should be back to standard.

Hope to have good news soon.
I had had done everything mentioned in this post. These steps work for me. I have again my two displaylink managed monitors (no rotation). This helps for the moment.

thanks

thanks
rjimenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #48
lfalkenburg

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjimenez View Post
I had had done everything mentioned in this post. These steps work for me. I have again my two displaylink managed monitors (no rotation). This helps for the moment.

thanks

thanks
Useless for me, I need rotation. So will there be a fix in the near future or shall I switch to a new iMac with to miniDisplayPort-adapters?!
lfalkenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #49
katlemons

Default Still need help

Sorry All! I still need some help!

I'm very new to using a DisplayLink product. 5 days ago I got my new macbook set up in a hengedock and connecting through a USB to HDMI adapter. Worked great. I've never set up any rotation. I was using the HDMI display as my "main display" since the macbook was closed and in the dock.

Now all I get is "no signal" on my display when I connect it through the USB adapter. I've booted in safe mode (at least I think it's safe mode all though it doesn't say). Ive opened up system pref/displays. There is nothing there to change.... No place to "restore defaults" so then I just close display preferences and reboot into normal mode, but I still get "No signal".

Anybody have any ideas? I'm a teacher and EVERYTHING i use in class everyday is connected to the dock, so If I don't have a display, I can use any of my other technology.

THANKS for any suggestions....

Kat
katlemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #50
Sofiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlemons View Post
Sorry All! I still need some help!

I'm very new to using a DisplayLink product. 5 days ago I got my new macbook set up in a hengedock and connecting through a USB to HDMI adapter. Worked great. I've never set up any rotation. I was using the HDMI display as my "main display" since the macbook was closed and in the dock.

Now all I get is "no signal" on my display when I connect it through the USB adapter. I've booted in safe mode (at least I think it's safe mode all though it doesn't say). Ive opened up system pref/displays. There is nothing there to change.... No place to "restore defaults" so then I just close display preferences and reboot into normal mode, but I still get "No signal".

Anybody have any ideas? I'm a teacher and EVERYTHING i use in class everyday is connected to the dock, so If I don't have a display, I can use any of my other technology.

THANKS for any suggestions....

Kat
I don't want to waste your time, but have you tried connecting the display link device directly to your mac, without the hengedock? It might be worthwhile making your config as simple as possible until it's working, then add the dock and troubleshoot more if necessary. Good luck!

Tags
1.7, 10.7.3, bvu195, diamond, lion