Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 08-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
sse

Default graphics performance drop after system sleep

After system sleep (suspend to ram / standby) I experience a severe drop in graphics performance, e.g. sluggish scrolling / GUI animations.

Occurs even if I haven't connected a display via displaylink.

After reboot, performance is normal.

My system specs:

10.7 driver beta 3
Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Build 11A2063
MacBookAir 4,2 (Core i7 1.8GHz, Intel HD Graphics 3000)
Old 08-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sse View Post
After system sleep (suspend to ram / standby) I experience a severe drop in graphics performance, e.g. sluggish scrolling / GUI animations.

Occurs even if I haven't connected a display via displaylink.

After reboot, performance is normal.

My system specs:

10.7 driver beta 3
Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Build 11A2063
MacBookAir 4,2 (Core i7 1.8GHz, Intel HD Graphics 3000)
Could you check using the Activity monitor app the DisplayLinkManager process CPU usage when you notice a performance drop? Could you also please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output file? Thanks
Old 08-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
sse

Thanks for your reply.

I conducted the tests without a DisplayLink adapter connected, as the problem occurs either way, maybe you can rule out some sources this way. If you want me to repeat the tests with an adapter connected, I can do so.

I only see the process "DisplayLinkUserAgent", of which no increase in CPU usage can be noticed after system sleep and the performance drop (about 0.2% before and after)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information-before.zip (246.2 KB, 1082 views)
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information-after.zip (246.6 KB, 1262 views)
Old 08-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
ChristianP

Thanks for the debug information. Unfortunately no weird DL-related activity are logged after wakeup.
Could you please try to uninstall and reinstall the driver 1.7b3 (we had a similar issue solved just after reinstalling the driver)? Just to be sure, check if the issue is not reproducible after uninstalling the driver. Thanks
Old 08-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #5
MJedi

I have been experiencing the exact issue on my 2011 MacBook Air with the beta 3 driver. I have uninstalled the driver, and the performance after the MBA wakes up is back to normal. When I reinstall the beta 3 driver, the same problem comes back.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJedi View Post
I have been experiencing the exact issue on my 2011 MacBook Air with the beta 3 driver. I have uninstalled the driver, and the performance after the MBA wakes up is back to normal. When I reinstall the beta 3 driver, the same problem comes back.
Thanks for your report. It sounds like a possible compatibility issue of our kernel extension with the 2011 MacBookAir models. We're going to investigate the issue.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
James van Dyke

I'm experiencing the same slowness with a brand new 2011 13" MacBook Pro. I also experience consistent, repeatable crashing at the fast user switching login screen. I currently cannot use the DisplayLink adapter because of these issues.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by James van Dyke View Post
I'm experiencing the same slowness with a brand new 2011 13" MacBook Pro. I also experience consistent, repeatable crashing at the fast user switching login screen. I currently cannot use the DisplayLink adapter because of these issues.
Could you post any crash log? Would help also if you could use the tool here:http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the log output. Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
MJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Thanks for your report. It sounds like a possible compatibility issue of our kernel extension with the 2011 MacBookAir models. We're going to investigate the issue.
Thanks for working on this. I use this product at work daily, and it would be great to have this issue resolved.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
ChristianP

Quote:
Originally Posted by James van Dyke View Post
Do you still see the issue in 10.7.1? In case, could you please confirm that the performance drop and the crash can be seen even if the adapter is not plugged in (with just DisplayLink driver installed)? Could you also please post any crash log and collect debug information after the crash using the tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269? Thanks