Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 11-20-2011, 06:44 PM   #1
LagaV

Default 10.7.2 and 1.7 Beta Driver brings new problems

I haven't had many problems with any released v1.7 beta drivers.

Unfortunately with OSX Lion and 1.7 Beta5 my DisplayLink connected monitor became more or less useless.

Updates to the screen aren't executed consistently. Partly I have ghosting problems when windows are closed. Some party of a windows remain on the screen. Windows positioned on this screen are partly not accessible using the mouse.

Anybody else seeing a similar behavior?

Update 2011-12-19:

After installing the below mentioned logging tool the problem has disappeared and has not returned since a couple of weeks.

After running the logging tool for a day I closed i after the problem didn't resurface.

I'm sorry, that I can't provide debugging information but I'm glad the problem is gone.

Last edited by LagaV; 12-19-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Update to situation
Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
ChristianP

Unfortunately it isn't a know issue and we're not able to replicate it at the moment. Anyway we suspect that one small change in 1.7b5 could be the cause of this kind of issue. Could you please use the debug tool here (http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269) and do the following steps:
1) open the tool and switch the log verbosity to DEBUG (menu advanced verbosity)
2) unplug and re-plug the adapter (in order to have the verbosity setting take effect)
3) try to replicate the issue ad collect debug information right after you see the problem.
4) Locate the the output file and post it

It would be better if you could open the debug tool window on the internal screen (to help in isolating the latest window updates that cause the issue).
Thanks