Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED - Windows 10 Software

Old 08-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
Muruloki

Default Possible to remember monitor settings on reconnect?

Hi,

I'm using StarTech USB32HDDVII adapter which is connected to my Surface Pro 3 dock. 2 external monitors are connected to StarTech adapter and one external monior connected to dock's DP port. I'm running Windows 10 10240 Enterprise.

The problem is, every time I undock Surface and then dock it again Windows forgets all monitor settings and resets to "duplicate" mode. I have to change it to extend and then re-arrange my monitors all over again, which gets tiring pretty fast with 4 monitors in total.

Is there any way to force Windows to remember monitor order and extend mode when I dock Surface?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
Muruloki

Hm, it actually fixed itself.. Works fine now, when I dock Surface it re-enables all 3 monitors in the same config as before.

One minor issue is that program windows don't auto move to the monitors they were on before undocking but I'm not even sure if Windows can do it. Although I think it was doing it when dock was connected to only one external monitor via native DP...