Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #31
Just Me

Default Uninstall old drivers first?

Did you uninstall your old DisplayLink drivers and your video drivers first? If so, try Driver Fusion to make sure you got rid of all the NVidia remnants. They like to hang around even after an uninstall.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #32
stylefish

the performance gets significantly worse when i disconnect my charger, even with the "new old" drivers from intel.
sorry, xijio for the inconvenience. for me it got better with the drivers but only with the charger connected. a fix / performance improvement for the DL drivers would be really nice...
stylefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #33
Wim

I've just published the new v7.2 release on our website that should improve this.

Let me know if this does improve the effects you are seeing.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #34
xijio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
I've just published the new v7.2 release on our website that should improve this.

Let me know if this does improve the effects you are seeing.

Wim
Just instaled 7.2 didn't fix it
xijio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #35
xijio

Quote:
Originally Posted by xijio View Post
Just instaled 7.2 didn't fix it
It is slightly better than it was before, but I still feel like I'm using a remote desktop on my two attached monitors. There is noticable input lag and screen update lag. The color shifting and blurriness seems to be gone though. Any pointers?

oh and the most anything thing to an end user from an HCI perspective is doing some input and seeing no result. I move my mouse and it doesn't move, 1 second later, it finally moves. Very frustrating!
xijio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #36
jonlove

Just wanted to echo that I also have the same problem... Windows 7 (64 bit) with the latest Displaylink drivers for the Lenovo USB 3.0 dock.

Very frustrating - it does feel a lot like operating through a remote connection. I have one VGA monitor and one DVI, and it is noticeably worse on the DVI connection (which is higher resolution).

Happy to help debug at all but would be great to find a solution, otherwise having 2 external monitors is not going to last long.
jonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #37
stylefish

thanks for the update!
i've tested a bit with the new driver but i think the performance is nearly as slow as before.
if you need some information or can build a beta/debug driver i'm happy to help!
stylefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #38
lasse

My impressions for 7.2 driver update.

Still running Lenovo X1 carbon and Lenovo USB 3.0 dock with 2 x external monitors and nothing else. Both running DVI @ 1920x1200.

- Blurry image seems to have gone. Moving my mouse pointer over the task bar now does not produce blurry icons.
- Mouse lag still present and even worse than before. Mouse pointer freeze for about one second every few minutes.
- CPU usage still high from the DisplayLinkManager Application 5-30% constant.

So one step forward - one and half back.
lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #39
jonlove

Ignore me - it's still the DVI monitor/highesr res that seems to be worse for me

Last edited by jonlove; 04-08-2013 at 11:08 AM.
jonlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #40
twisterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasse View Post
My impressions for 7.2 driver update.
- Blurry image seems to have gone. Moving my mouse pointer over the task bar now does not produce blurry icons.
- Mouse lag still present and even worse than before. Mouse pointer freeze for about one second every few minutes.
- CPU usage still high from the DisplayLinkManager Application 5-30% constant.
I am running a 2560x1440 monitor through the HP3005pr USB3.0 dock. I have also had pixelation issues, but after 7.2M0 this is completely gone!

I still have minor lag on the mouse from time to time.
twisterx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
input device, lag, windows 8