Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-02-2022, 07:43 PM   #1
Swolgi

Exclamation Frozen Display after 30-60 seconds

For the last couple of days, my Macbook will connect just fine to the dock and might function for 30 seconds before all of the displays freeze. The only thing I might have to consider is that my macbook is part of the Apple Beta Testing program (currently beta Ventura 13.1 (22C5033e)) which might be interfering.

I know it works, but something prevents it from actually functioning and it turns off my macbook display until it's unplugged (I keep it closed and stowed while plugged in).

Any workarounds?
Swolgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 02:25 PM   #2
DanielSznicer
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolgi View Post
For the last couple of days, my Macbook will connect just fine to the dock and might function for 30 seconds before all of the displays freeze. The only thing I might have to consider is that my macbook is part of the Apple Beta Testing program (currently beta Ventura 13.1 (22C5033e)) which might be interfering.

I know it works, but something prevents it from actually functioning and it turns off my macbook display until it's unplugged (I keep it closed and stowed while plugged in).

Any workarounds?
Hello

Can you please share more details I will need logfiles to check the feedback from the driver. For instructions on how to gather the logfiles please navigate to the following article How to report macOS issues to DisplayLink

And aslo for speedy support please send an email with the logfiles and detailed problem description to: technical-enquiries@synaptics.com
DanielSznicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 03:52 PM   #3
jnog88

Default I am also experiencing this issue

I am using a 2020 M1 MacBook Air running MacOS Ventura 13.0.1and DIsplayLink 1.8.0. I use a Kensington Dock. After connecting my Mac after about 20-30 seconds the screen locks up. Clicks are still being registered though. When I unplug I can see if I right-clicked for example.
jnog88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink, frozen screen, macbook air m1