Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2023, 02:58 PM   #1
jgw

Exclamation Update to Venture 13.3 Disables DisplayLink

I updated to both Ventura 13.3 and DisplayLink 1.8.1 yesterday which results in any time I hook the unit up to my Macbook it instantly goes to lock screen. Upon entering passcode to open only 1 of the 2 connected monitors turns on and then all the apps appear to reboot and then the lock screen is activated again. I have unintstalled and reinstalled w/ no success. I have also tried going back to DisplayLink 1.8 w/ no success. Please help!
jgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:04 PM   #2
BruhWhyDidIUpgrade

Unhappy

I just posted a thread about this too ... let me know if you find a fix and I'll do the same? In the meantime I'm attempting to do a TimeCapsule backup and reload from internet recovery ...

https://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68714
BruhWhyDidIUpgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:35 PM   #3
Jangveer

Exclamation Not Working Since Last Evening

I updated to macos ventura 13.3 and it is not working for me either now. I have tried all the suggestions on other posts regarding this.
Jangveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:46 PM   #4
ahmedbasheer

Default Same problem from yesterday

Tried to update from 1.6 to 1.8.1, but no use. My entire mac freezes and nothing happens after I plug in the USB C cable. Once I remove it, everything goes back to normal. It is really frustrating since it was working smoothly for more than 6 months until yesterday.
ahmedbasheer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:28 AM   #5
pctech

Exclamation Older versions of Ventura also affected

This happens on the older versions of Ventura as well. In my case on a M1 Macbook Air / Ventura 13.2.1, Dell D6000 (firmware A04) / DL driver 1.8.0

When logging in again after sleep, and only after entering clamshell mode, the Mac always freezes with a static image on all external screens. Unplugging the dock fixes the issue immediately, and re-connecting triggers the issue within a few seconds.

If left frozen for about a minute, the login screen will eventually re-appear. Logging in again causes the screen to go black for 30 seconds before everything starts behaving normally again.

Last edited by pctech; 03-30-2023 at 09:31 AM.
pctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 01:18 PM   #6
MrJB73

YES! Same thing has happened..... Ventura 13.3 now causes this issue.

NOT a display 18.1 issue - But @displaylink when are you going to patch please...??
MrJB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 02:58 PM   #7
BruhWhyDidIUpgrade

Lightbulb A "fix" that is annoying but works

Copying and pasting from another thread in this forum:

Well, I found a “fix” but it’s extremely annoying and was the last thing I wanted to do, but I can’t wait forever for an official fix:

Apple allows a Time Machine system backup of Ventura 13.3 to be applied to Ventura 13.2.

So I backed up my entire Ventura 13.3 system to a Time Machine (An AirPort Extreme on my wireless network), then erased my MacOS hard drive completely and re-installed 13.2 from a bootable USB.

Then on migration assistant, I selected the Time Machine backup. Got a warning about loading 13.3 content onto 13.2. Skipped the warning and proceeded anyway.

Not sure if these following steps were necessary, but just for good measure I uninstalled the previous version of DisplayLink and installed 1.8.1. Then I clicked the link in the software from the menu bar to install the “login screen extension status”.

Dock now works flawlessly again.

If anyone needs any help with these steps, let me know.
BruhWhyDidIUpgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 08:06 AM   #8
MrJB73

How do we contact Display Link to advise / request help - there is no update on their website....
Old 03-31-2023, 04:02 PM   #9
MrJB73

Just to pass on - FIX found! Thanks to Damien on this post:

https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...5227#post95227