Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 05-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
kmalmborg

Question DisplayLink ethernet not working when connected to Huawei router

Hi Guys

I have an issue with a Lenovo USB 3.0 docking connected to a Huawei LTE cube E5180 my PC says that there is internet connection but i'am not able to browse any or very few sites (i have tried with Windows 8.1 and windows 10 but same result) I have alos downloaded the newest driver, does any of you guys seen this issue too ?? looking forward to get this solved due to a lot of users shouting at me :-)

Thanks

Karsten

Last edited by kmalmborg; 05-06-2015 at 12:46 PM.
kmalmborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
danni_evers

Exclamation Huawei LTE Cube E5180 + LTE Router E5170 not working with USB docking via netcable

HELP NEEDED
Hi,

We have bought about 400 Huawei LTE Cube E5180 and 10 LTE Router E5170 and they have very bad performamnce when they are cabled via network cable to a USB docking (we have Lenovo and Targus USB docking stations (DISPLAYLINK))

Experience is that Internet browsing is very very slow to not functioning and network in general is slow performing, definately not workable. We have tried to update Displaylink driver and tryed searching for firmware.

Experience is the same on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 any mark pcs connected to a USB docking station via network cable.

If you connect Huawei via network cable directly into PC or via USB network dongle the everything works fine.

Really need some help as this is becoming dissattifying for many of our clients.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Danni Evers
danni_evers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
Wim

We're looking into this and seeing if there is anything special about the Huawei router that could cause this.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
Wim

Hi

We found the root cause of this problem. It was an issue with the way the router handled minimum sized packets and we have worked around it in our Ethernet driver.

The fix is available in v7.9 onwards.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
displaylink, docking, e5170, e5180, targus