Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 07-30-2020, 07:15 AM   #1
Happyauer

Default Dell D6000 - Connecting dock to p2419hc via USB-C to DisplayPort Cable

Hi,

I want to know if anyone has had any success connecting a USB-C monitor to the Dell D6000 using a USB-C to DisplayPort Cable (the monitor is using the USB-C Cable connection while the D6000 is using the DisplayPort cable connection)

I have my Dell D6000 connected to my Dell Latitude 5580 via USB-C/Alternate mode and am trying to connect three 24' Dell monitors. I have successfully connected two of the monitors via HDMI and DisplayPort cables. However, I am having trouble connecting my third monitor (p2419hc) using a USB-C to display port cable. I have updated all the DisplayLink Drives and my VideoCard drivers. Are there any other steps I need to take to get this setup to work? Or do I just need to buy another DisplayPort Cable?
Happyauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:23 AM   #2
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

I don't see how you would be able to do this with a DP -> USB-C cable. As far as I know this cable works the other way: from USB-C DisplayPort Alternate Mode to DisplayPort.

You can connect the Dell p2419hc with a DP-DP cable to the docking station.
When using 3 displays connected to the Dell D6000, the HDMI output of the docking station will rely on DisplayPort Alternate Mode technology whereas the 2 DisplayPort will rely on DisplayLink technology. Because the 3rd display relies on Alternate Mode, 3 display configurations require the dock to be connected with the USB-C plug.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote