Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-23-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
fearoffish

Default Macbook M1 + WL-UG69DK1

Hi, I just bought a Wavlink WL-UG69DK1 under the impression that getting two monitors to work on my Macbook M1 would be a piece of cake. Not so much.

Macbook M1:

- connected with a WavLink WL-UG69DK1
- two Asus VP28UQGL 4K monitors (3840x2160)
- both external monitors show in Displays Preference Pane
- changing resolution on display 1 only allows 1920x1080 (clicking Alt to show the list)
- the second screen is black but does give me resolution choices in the Preference Pane, however none of them stop it being black.

I've attached the debug log here because your app doesn't allow me to select a file. I hope there isn't anything sensitive in it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLinkInfo_Output_20210723_193716.zip (3.58 MB, 0 views)
fearoffish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:53 PM   #2
tommiy

I can only comment on the 1920x1080 resolution....yes that is what displaylink provides. You can install rdm and select other low res options but if you have a 4k monitor the text becomes blurry and not really usable for all day use.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 02:31 AM   #3
fearoffish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiy View Post
I can only comment on the 1920x1080 resolution....yes that is what displaylink provides. You can install rdm and select other low res options but if you have a 4k monitor the text becomes blurry and not really usable for all day use.
The WL-UG69DK1 states:

Quote:
DisplayPort resolution Max.4096 x 2160@60Hz
You’re saying this isn’t true?
fearoffish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 08:49 PM   #4
tommiy

You get either fully native resolution or 1920x1080 HiDPI. There is no other HiDPI resolutions that are possible. You can find that in the messages here and also the requests section for DisplayLink to try and achieve. The problem here is that MACOS scaling and native 4k the text is really small and on FHD the text is really large. The only other option is the low res option of using RDM to select in between resolutions. There are dozens of threads here asking how to get resolutions other than the FHD and the only current solution is to pick a lowres one. It would be nice to know if its a MACOS issue or a Displaylink issue but the requests for other HiDPI resolutions on 4k monitors has been outstanding with Displaylink since last November, and there has been no response from DisplayLink, so I would not count on it being made available any time soon. As it seems like you want this capability I would suggest that you can add your votes to the request page for a looks like 2560x1440 HiDPI resolution on 4k monitors. It can only assist. The link is here.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote