Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #1
MasterDiver69

Default Mac Mini M1 - DisplayLink Monitor Setup

I have a new Mac Mini with M1. One normal 27" monitor is connected to one of the thunderbolt ports. It works fine.

I have display link installed and enabled. I'm running Big Sur. Screen recording is enabled.

I have 2 small low resolution monitors connected via 2 HDMI cables to a hub that is supposed to work with M1. The hub is connected to the other thunderbolt port on the Mac Mini.

The hub is model TT-HB020A ("TOTU Upgraded Docking Station Triple Monitor for MacBook Air M1 & Windows/Thunderbolt 3 Dock, 13 in 1 USB C Hub with 4K Dual HDMI,100W PD,VGA,Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, Audio, SD TF Card Reader"). https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With everything connected, the main monitor works and one of the small monitor works. The other monitor is not showing up as available. It is like Display link or OSX is not detecting it. I checked both monitors and cables separately. Everythign works. I just can't get both small monitors to work at the same time, which is the whole point of display link and the hub.

Any thoughts?
MasterDiver69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 07:32 PM   #2
tommiy

I would suggest you need the displaylink equipped dock for the drivers to manage. A quick google and your dock does not have the displaylink logo on it suggesting that it not a compatible product. You can see the list of product that are compatible here.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote