Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-07-2022, 08:16 PM   #1
Katatak

Question M1 MacBook dual display issue?

Hello,

Newbie here with a question?

I have a 13" M1 MacBook Pro (2020) that I want to use with a dual display. I just bought a new pair of 27" Dell monitors and I am using a Dell WD19TBS Thunderbolt docking station to connect one of them. But I realized AFTER I bought the monitors that this model MacBook Pro only supports one monitor natively.

So now I have to either get a different dock or a DisplayLink compatible adapter so I can use the second monitor.

Can someone recommend which adapter I need to get in order to use the second monitor? Also, do I plug the new adapter into the Dell dock I already have, or directly into the MacBook? (I've already downloaded the DisplayLink software).

Thanks!
Kat

Last edited by Katatak; 01-09-2022 at 12:11 AM.
Katatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 02:07 PM   #2
FUTUROINFORMATICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatak View Post
Hello,

Newbie where with a question?

I have a 13" M1 MacBook Pro (2020) that I want to use with a dual display. I just bought a new pair of 27" Dell monitors and I am using a Dell WD19TBS Thunderbolt docking station to connect one of them. But I realized AFTER I bought the monitors that this model MacBook Pro only supports one monitor natively.

So now I have to either get a different dock or a DisplayLink compatible adapter so I can use the second monitor.

Can someone recommend which adapter I need to get in order to use the second monitor? Also, do I plug the new adapter into the Dell dock I already have, or directly into the MacBook? (I've already downloaded the DisplayLink software).

Thanks!
Kat
Good morning, I request the same information.
Thanks
FUTUROINFORMATICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:27 PM   #3
tommiy

Use the displaylink products page to match monitor desired resolution to a dock. You can either completely replace your existing dock or plug the new dock into the existing as long as the port requirements are met. If you have a 202 M1 and your looking to run those monitors in anything other than 1080 resolution then your going to need to run betterdummy as displaylink does not provide you hidpi on non-native resolutions other than 1080. Goodluck.
tommiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:06 AM   #4
Katatak

Thank you!
Katatak is offline   Reply With Quote