Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2016, 05:08 PM   #1
BryGuy

Default Random power cycling

I just updated to OS X 10.11.3 and made sure to install the new DisplayLink 2.5 driver on a 2012 Macbook Pro.

Now, seemingly randomly throughout the day, my DisplayLink monitor will freeze for a few seconds before going through a power cycle (or perhaps reboot). By "freeze", I mean the monitor still displays all the active windows as well as a mouse cursor artifact stuck in its last position on that screen for a few seconds. The mouse cursor is moved to the primary monitor and cannot be moved back to the DisplayLink screen again until after it power cycles. The power cycle forces all open windows from that screen over to my primary monitor screen, which is pretty disruptive. I'd say this happens every couple hours or so.

I haven't been able to pin it down to any behavior in particular yet, but generally seems to be when I'm using Chrome on my DisplayLink monitor. I just tried disabling Chrome's hardware acceleration again (even though this doesn't exhibit the same symptoms as the old HW acceleration problem) and we'll see if that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BlakeyBook_20160224_093038.zip (15.58 MB, 1 views)
BryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote