Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
crosswindindustries

Default Imation Link Issues with V6 Drivers

We have received multiple Imation Link devices and have issues with some and not others. I have not been able to get any definitive information from Imation about this issue. The problem is that we deployed the version 6.3 drivers to all of our company laptops and some devices don't work, while others do. If I manually uninstall the drivers and install the version 5.6 drivers that are included on the device, they work fine. With the version 6 drivers, the device is registered differently, but does not add another display device to the computer. This is the case on Windows XP, Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit.

The devices that work properly are labeled LR1101 (Receiver) and LT1101 (Transmitter). The devices that do not work with the new drivers are LR1101-A (Receiver) and LT1101-A (Transmitter). I was able to verify that the issue is with the transmitter because they allow you to re-associate the transmitter to a different receiver. I re-associated the LT1101 transmitter with a LR1101-A receiver and it worked perfectly.

Imation claims that they are the exact same device, which explains why they are sold as the same part number, but that they were just different production runs. Naturally, I do not believe them. There is something different about them.

The LT1101 device installs as "WSUSB Audio/Video Device" and the following Device ID: USB\VID_17E9&PID_403C&REV_0175&MI_00 (This is the one that works) Part number from circuit board - Alereon AL5616 v2

The LT1101-A device installs as "UWB Transmitter" and the following Device ID: USB\VID_17E9&PID_403C&REV_0100&MI_00 (This is the one that doesn't work) Part number from circuit board - Alereon AL5616 v3

Is there anything that I can do to resolve the issues that we are having other than manually uninstalling the drivers and re-installing the older version?
crosswindindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
Wim

Hi

I'm not sure how much help I can be here, as this product depends on the wireless USB chips and driver (not supplied by DisplayLink) and the DisplayLink chip and driver.

From the Device ID, I can see the firmware builds that were created for our chip with this REV number, and none of the builds I can see have this REV. That leads me to believe that the Wireless USB drivers are changing our USB descriptors between the chip and the OS.

When it works, the "WSUSB Audio/Video Device" looks like the product description string from our firmware. The "UWB Transmitter" looks like the firmware description string from the wireless USB device, as if the WUSB drivers are not properly installed and just passing the wireless USB traffic to wired USB.

I don't know how the WUSB drivers work, and I'm just guessing, but it does look like a problem with Wireless USB not making our device appear properly on the USB bus.

I think Imation will need to help here.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
crosswindindustries

I very much appreciate the detailed explanation. Unfortunately, Imation is of no help.
Could you possibly recommend a similar product that, perhaps, is certified by DisplayLink to work with the new drivers? All we need is wireless video and audio, HDMI and VGA outputs. The resolution is not really a concern.
Thanks
crosswindindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Wim

I can't really recommend any products, as we need to stay impartial to any product using our technology, but there is a selection of Wireless USB products in our shop here:

http://displaylink.com/shop/other_products

Wim
Old 08-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
stk_pkr

Default Same issues

Since buying my unit in the spring I have been wrestling with getting it to work - I was able to get it to run on 1 of 3 different laptops, all running Win 7.
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1686

I found your thread by accident. I was able to get this thing to work on my daughters laptop, but, she left for school last week. I was once again motivated to fix this on the 2 Computers I have which have never run successfully. I have been figuring all along that it would be the "next release" of software before my problems were fixed. Wrong. I've installed and uninstalled every version of their software at least 100x, except the old 5.6 version, lol.

Last night, uninstalled everything, then I did a couple of things I hadn't tried,
1) installed the 5.6 M1 version - which I had never tried.
2) Interrupted the device driver load when it hit windows update and forced it to load the local driver

It now works on both laptops.
And I do have the LT1101-A transmitters.

Now I'm not sure what I'm missing not being on the latest s/w but at least now I can project video up to my bigscreen from my laptop which is all I wanted this to do in the first place.

I don't know if any of the support people want log files, I'd be more than happy to provide them.

Many thanks!
Greg
stk_pkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
Wim

It would be good to see the logs from v5.6 M1 and V6.3 M1 so we can see why it works with v5.6 M1 and doesn't still work with the latest release. V5.6 M1 should not be better than V6.3 M1!

Wim
Old 08-23-2012, 01:39 AM   #7
stk_pkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
It would be good to see the logs from v5.6 M1 and V6.3 M1 so we can see why it works with v5.6 M1 and doesn't still work with the latest release. V5.6 M1 should not be better than V6.3 M1!

Wim
I can send you the logs, remind me what I need to do to capture them,..
Thanks,
Greg
Old 08-25-2012, 11:32 AM   #8
stk_pkr

I can send you the logs, remind me what I need to do to capture them,..
Thanks,
Greg
Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
Wim

Follow the instructions here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Wim
Old 12-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
plopez321

Default Issue resolved?

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm running into the same problem. Same model Imation product. I need to update the DisplayLink software it uses as it's incompatible with a Windows Update, but the device refuses to work with newer Displaylink software.
plopez321 is offline   Reply With Quote