Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
altjx

Any update? Anyone?
altjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #12
altjx

Bumping again, sigh.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #13
altjx

Wow. What's going on with the support here? Do I need to put this docking station on Craigslist? I'm really starting to lose confidence on getting this issue resolved.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #14
Colzie

I don't have any solutions but I feel your pain. I bought a Dell XPS 15 with the Targus 3.0 dock. Dock works fine (mostly) except connecting external monitors. When I enable them the laptop screen flashes (strobes) continuously, and nothing ever displays on the external monitor.

I've spent DAYS on the phone/email with Targus, Dell, and Intel. I've uninstalled/reinstalled all drivers countless times. At least the XPS reboots pretty quick. The latest rumor is that the DisplayLink driver and the NVIDIA driver aren't playing well together.

I realize Windows 8 is new, but the combo of Dell XPS + Windows 8 + Targus 3.0 dock == JUNK!

I'm seriously considering returning the XPS and dock and going with a MacBook Pro, luckily I'm still within the return window.
Colzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #15
altjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colzie View Post
I don't have any solutions but I feel your pain. I bought a Dell XPS 15 with the Targus 3.0 dock. Dock works fine (mostly) except connecting external monitors. When I enable them the laptop screen flashes (strobes) continuously, and nothing ever displays on the external monitor.

I've spent DAYS on the phone/email with Targus, Dell, and Intel. I've uninstalled/reinstalled all drivers countless times. At least the XPS reboots pretty quick. The latest rumor is that the DisplayLink driver and the NVIDIA driver aren't playing well together.

I realize Windows 8 is new, but the combo of Dell XPS + Windows 8 + Targus 3.0 dock == JUNK!

I'm seriously considering returning the XPS and dock and going with a MacBook Pro, luckily I'm still within the return window.
Haha seriously though man. I love my dell XPS too but now that this crap has started, I can't continue to mimic my setup that I have at work and it's seriously bothering me.

Not only that, but I've recently just cracked the LCD screen on it... so you know at this point I'm really considering replacing that screen and selling the laptop. As far as the Targus docking station, I'm about ready to toss that crap out of the window. I would feel very guilty if I sold this to someone for even $20.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #16
Colzie

I wouldn't feel bad selling it for 20 dollars. As long as I explain what a POS it is, look them in the eye and say "DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING?!", and they say yes. THEN I wouldn't feel bad. But I'd probably only ask for $10.
Colzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
altjx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colzie View Post
I wouldn't feel bad selling it for 20 dollars. As long as I explain what a POS it is, look them in the eye and say "DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING?!", and they say yes. THEN I wouldn't feel bad. But I'd probably only ask for $10.
$10 for a Targus USB 3.0 Docking Station? That's too much! I'm not sure what I'm going to do :\
Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #18
altjx

Just downloaded the latest DisplayLink driver from the website (released 11/12/12) and this fixed my issue with the DVI input not working.

Thank you DisplayLink for fixing this. I think I'll keep my laptop now instead of getting a Lenovo + Lenovo docking station.