Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #11
ImCoKeMaN

I have a Trendnet TEG-S80g greennet gigabit switch for this connection.

I just tested with an Archer C9 as an alternative to see if this isolates the issue to the pair of the dock and this switch.

It has been solid with the C9 in the mix (Dock -> C9 -> Trendnet switch) for over 30 minutes. Hopefully getting one of those switches will help you isolate the problem for other folks as well.

Is there a type of switch you typically use for testing home usage? I wouldn't be opposed to getting another switch anyway at some point here.

Last edited by ImCoKeMaN; 02-07-2018 at 05:51 PM.
ImCoKeMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:05 PM   #12
ImCoKeMaN

Just to follow up, I've been able to stay connected at 1Gbps over an hour without issues on the dock with the TP link router as it's direct connection. The TP Link has no issues connecting with the Trendnet switch so the port seems ok.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #13
ImCoKeMaN

Shameless bump as I still have an extra router on my desk just for this bug.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:36 PM   #14
ImCoKeMaN

I have since moved the Ethernet connection direct to the router in the basement rather than the switch. My office upstairs was still having dropped connections. I have since reconnected a second router in my desk upstairs to prevent drops.

Drops
WAN -> Router (basement) -> Dock (upstairs)
WAN -> Router (basement) -> switch (basement) -> Dock (upstairs)

Works
WAN -> Router (basement) -> Router (upstairs) Dock (upstairs)
WAN -> Router (basement) -> switch (basement) -> Router (upstairs) -> Dock (upstairs)

It seems like the router upstairs is acting like a repeater and preventing the link drops (and negotiation issues), but this all started around the beginning of this thread, it still works with other usb or internal Ethernet adapters, and the router seems not to drop connections to the downstairs links even with the same wires.

Router downstairs is cisco E3000 Router upstairs is TP Link Archer C9 and switch downstairs is Trendnet Greennet 8 port all gigabit
Old 12-04-2018, 03:36 PM   #15
ImCoKeMaN

Still having this issue with different hardware switches/routers in place, seems it only works for me if I have the router near the dock (ever since the update mentioned at the beginning of this thread). it seemed others were having this issue before, but if it's just me I suppose I should let the thread die.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #16
sigge

Default Same problem

Hi!
We have the same problem.
Running big switches, Cisco,
100 mbit - OK
1 Gbit - Not OK
Client . Windows 10
sigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #17
Wim

For those with an issue with Ethernet dropping the link, can you make sure you are using v8.6 or later. This bug fix was made in 8.6 which may solve the issue for some users:

Ethernet autonegotiation may fail to establish a link when the Ethernet cable does not have all 4 pairs present (27903)

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dell, docking station, ethernet