rooska

Question Monitors not Recognized on Mac mini Boot Up

Greetings,

Equipment:
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
Two Dell D6000 Universal Docks
5 Monitors

Physical Setup:
Two Dell docks plugged directly into my Mac mini via USB-C, each dock has two monitors plugged in via DisplayPort, one central monitor plugged directly to the HDMI port on my Mac mini.

Software Setup:
macOS Big Sur 11.4
Display Link Manager 1.4.0 (Build 57.120)
Login screen extension installed
FileVault off

Problem:
Each time I power cycle (restart or cold boot) my Mac mini, my central monitor plugged directly into my Mac mini works as expected, displaying the login screen. The other 4 monitors plugged into my Dell docks are not recognized. If, at this point, I unplug the power to the docks and replug, the monitors are recognized and function as expected. What, if any, changes can I make to not need to power cycle my docks each time I boot up my Mac mini in order to have DisplayLink recognize the monitors attached to the docks?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Rooska
rooska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 09:54 AM   #2
bluerediceye

Default D6000 not working with mac mini m1 sometimes

I had the exact same issue as yours. My mac mini m1 crashed for some reason which I think is related to the dock and displaylink driver. After the machine started up, all monitors connected via the dock were not recognised and I had to unplug and plug dock power lead.
The dock is connected to mac mini m1 via USB-C, because I want to maximise the data transfer speed but unfortunately it caused problems. A workaround I found that worked for me is to use mac mini m1 USB-A port. Since that I haven't experienced any problem such as crash reboot and connection issues.
bluerediceye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
docking station, mac m1, recognize monitor, restart, unplug