Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 09-08-2017, 07:38 PM   #21
jundis

I can confirm I am also seeing this issue with the D6000 on our Latitude 5480s with HP L1706 17-inch monitors.

Changing resolution to lower did not fix the issue but disconnecting the monitor did.
jundis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #22
AlbanRampon

Arrow

@jundis, unless you have installed the development build previously linked, then your report is as expected. Your display is likely to be unable to do higher resolution and is affected.
Should you still experience the issue with the development build, then it is urgent for you to provide the log files as described in my forum signature (3rd link) to understand why you are the only person reporting the issue on it as it may hide something else.
Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #23
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

I have now put the DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows 8.3 M1 release for download from our website.
The EXE and MSI based installation are available.
I am waiting for the INF package if you wish to preinstall and will upload it when the package is built.

This addresses the speed issue at low resolution. We have also noticed that the activity LED were not always reflecting the activity due to misconfiguration and have changed this too. You would most likely not have noticed as there is not functional impact.
This release has nothing else, therefore if you don't use a docking station with a DisplayLink DL-6950 (Hardware ID in Device Manager starting with USB\VID_17e9&PID_6) then, there is absolutely no value updating. Similarly, if your displays are all 1080p or above as only low resolution were affected.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 03:34 PM   #24
AndyA

Default Same issue found with D6000 and external displays

Hi- I have found multiple occurrences in my environment where the external screens flicker usually after the Windows 7 Enterprise screen has locked and the user unlocks it. Typically what we are seeing is a flashing mouse on the screen, Internet Explorer pages come up as blank white and then become painted on the screen as though the mouse were a paintbrush. Internet Explorer begins to freeze and only a reboot fixes the issue.

I will get the logs and send them.

Logs sent

Last edited by AndyA; 09-26-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: logs sent
AndyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 05:07 PM   #25
Michael McCool

Default Still slow Ethernet after 8.3M1 update

We have a laptop with the D6000 dock, and even after updating the BIOS and drivers for the system and installing the 8.3M1 displaylink software, we are still receiving slow and random performance from the dock Ethernet. Running Google's speed test, we are receiving a speed test that varies from 30MB down/6MB up to 97MB down/6MB up. The download speed test is normally in the 50-60MB down range. We are on a 100/7MB connection.

If I switch the Ethernet cable to the onboard nic on the laptop, I consistently receive 95-110MB down and 6MB up.

Dell has already replaced the dock once, and the replacement dock has the same performance. We previously had 2 19" low resolution screens connected and were affected by the previous bug, but now have 1 27" QHD screen (2560x1440).

Any thoughts or suggestions on how we can consistently get the max performance?
Michael McCool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
docking station, ethernet, network, speed