Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #1
DryBones

Question USB Disabled on undock

Hi,

I have a few laptops in my environment that don't have ethernet ports, we use docking stations powered by DisplayLink, with ethernet adapters to connect to the network.

When docking and undocking with the 'Wired AutoConfig' service turned on, the ports lock up preventing devices such as keyboards and mice as well as the docking station from working, this has also knocked out the internal camera and mic on some laptops.

With the service turned off everything works as it should, we can dock and undock and carry on using whatever devices we have attached.

On the laptops that do have ethernet ports, when connecting the ethernet directly to the laptop, the docking station will work as expected. It's just when using the port on the docking station where we have this issue.

I need this service switched on as we are using 802.1x, but a lot of staff move around to and from meetings, hot desking etc. Currently, they need to restart the computer every time they undock, which isn't ideal.

I've updated to the latest firmware on the docking stations (there are multiple all with the same issue) and Windows 10 is updated on all laptops.

Any ideas?
DryBones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
802.1x, docking station, usb