Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 01-06-2020, 11:06 PM   #1
Strowz

Default Monitors not detected through Dell D3100

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help with this!

I recently bought a HP laptop, specs here - https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06468464

I am trying to connect to two external HP 24w monitors, and bought a Dell 3100 docking station, with both connected via HDMI.

I installed the most recent driver from the DisplayLink website, and have also tried to install a driver from the Dell website.

The docking station is at least partially working as the mouse I have connected through it works without any problems. However, an error message pops up from the system tray "USB device not recognised" and that the USB device malfunctioned/windows does not recognise it etc. The two monitors are not being detected at all.

I also went to intel's website to try and install latest drivers and noticed this when I ran an automatic detection:

"A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Hewlett-Packard (HP) for the latest driver for your computer."

I did attempt to install the latest driver manually but it came up with an error stating that it is "... not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer".

Not sure what else to try, hoping it is something basic I have overlooked. Any help or advice is much appreciated! Please let me know if you require more info.
Strowz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d3100, dell, docking station, hp laptop, monitors