Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-29-2018, 08:27 PM   #1
timmy-p

Default Mac Mini with USB Displaylink not extending properly

Hi,
I recently did a fresh install of High Sierra on my 2012 MAC mini. I have a VGA display connected via the Thunderbolt port and a VGA display connected by a USB3 displaylink adaptor. Before I had the display extended to the displaylink screen and everything worked fine.

Now the MAC boots in mirroring mode. Once signed in it briefly mirrors, then goes into extended mode. All works fine, but on reboot, or signing back in after the MAC has gone to sleep reverts to mirror, then extended. However all the windows that were on the displaylink screen move back to the primary display and have to be moved back.

Is this a known issue? Apologies if there is already a post with this issue. Please direct me to it!

Many Thanks
timmy-p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:33 PM   #2
JoeMed55

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy-p View Post
Hi,
I recently did a fresh install of High Sierra on my 2012 MAC mini. I have a VGA display connected via the Thunderbolt port and a VGA display connected by a USB3 displaylink adaptor. Before I had the display extended to the displaylink screen and everything worked fine.

Now the MAC boots in mirroring mode. Once signed in it briefly mirrors, then goes into extended mode. All works fine, but on reboot, or signing back in after the MAC has gone to sleep reverts to mirror, then extended. However all the windows that were on the displaylink screen move back to the primary display and have to be moved back.

Is this a known issue? Apologies if there is already a post with this issue. Please direct me to it!

Many Thanks
10.13.6 High Sierra is the issue. I cannot get an image on my monitor.
See this thread (main page - its the one with 500+ comments)
https://www.displaylink.org/forum/sh...=65890&page=59
100's frustrated and pages of comments.
The only conclusion that was out there was upgrade to Mojave - I have not.
JoeMed55 is offline   Reply With Quote