Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
bluen25

Default No thunderbolt display while using the display link with 10.7.1

I have a 2011 13" Macbook Pro with the Thunderbolt port and the latest Lion update, and the DisplayLink 1.7B3 Driver. I have started to experience problems with my main display while I have the DisplayLink plugged in. If I reset my PRAM both monitors work fine. If my monitor goes to sleep I cannot get the display plugged into the thunderbolt port to wake up. The computer is recognizing the second monitor but the screen is still asleep. If I unplug the displaylink the second monitor wakes up. If I plug the displaylink back in the monitor goes back to sleep. Any help would be appreciated.

I have run the displaylink debug tool and attached the file.

Thank You
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (281.6 KB, 729 views)

Last edited by bluen25; 08-22-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added info
Old 08-22-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluen25 View Post
I have a 2011 13" Macbook Pro with the Thunderbolt port and the latest Lion update, and the DisplayLink 1.7B3 Driver. I have started to experience problems with my main display while I have the DisplayLink plugged in. If I reset my PRAM both monitors work fine. If my monitor goes to sleep I cannot get the display plugged into the thunderbolt port to wake up. The computer is recognizing the second monitor but the screen is still asleep. If I unplug the displaylink the second monitor wakes up. If I plug the displaylink back in the monitor goes back to sleep. Any help would be appreciated.

I have run the displaylink debug tool and attached the file.

Thank You
why do you use displaylink if you have thunderbolt?
Old 08-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
bluen25

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
why do you use displaylink if you have thunderbolt?
So I can run dual monitors. I do not have an Apple Cinema display.

After posting the topic my computer has quit waking the monitor after I reset the PRAM. While playing with the display settings I did find if I change the resolution of the monitor connected to my thunderbolt port it will wake up.

Any idea on when the next beta release will be?