Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release

Old 10-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
calculon0

Default 10.7.2 still has drag and won't release bug

I'm running 10.7.2 with the beta4 version of the driver. I have a Mid-2009 Macbook Pro. I'm still seeing the bug where I try to drag something, and it won't release.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
kroser

I am still on Snow Leopard, and was patiently waiting for 10.7.2 so I could finally update to Lion and have support for my 2 DisplayLink devices. Hearing this is extremely disappointing because the DisplayLink people were saying they thought Apple would have a fix in this release for the driver that is incompatible with the DisplayLink software.

I'm hoping this isn't as bad as it sounds.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
Wim

Yes, unfortunately the dragging issue still seems to be there, although Apple had closed our bug on it (so we hoped they had fixed it).

We are raising this with Apple again to try and get them to fix the issue.

Wim
Old 10-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Yes, unfortunately the dragging issue still seems to be there, although Apple had closed our bug on it (so we hoped they had fixed it).

We are raising this with Apple again to try and get them to fix the issue.

Wim
Just a thought:

If they closed it it means they're working on it (hopefully) and know what the issue is. Which is a good sign. if you have new information to give them, definitely do so, but telling them that it still doesn't work is something that is already being addressed, most likely. It seems like displayink doesn't have a developer license. If you get one, you'll be able to know first hand if new updates address your situation and also to communicate with apple's developers about your issue.

Having said that, they are human and may have made a mistake when closing it so raising the bug up again might not be so bad.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
demck85

yeah, would be nice to if they fixed that issue. it's an annoying little bug.