Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #61
Sofiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlemons View Post
Thanks rjimenez.

That almost worked! I now can get my USB display to work connected directly to the macbook with my macbook open but when I close it and put it in the dock I get "no signal" again.

Not sure if thats a hengedock thing, since I'm just connecting to a USB adapter that is screwed into the dock. It's just weird that I got it to work last week and this week (after the update) it's not.

Kat
It's possible your mac is going to sleep when you close the lid with this new update. Have you tried waking it up with an external keyboard? I heard about an app called insomniax that might do the trick if it's a sleep problem.
Sofiaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #62
slantview

I am seeing the same thing on Oct/2011 MBP. I had to unplug my DL monitor (DELL 22" widescreen) that I have rotated. Updated with the combined update and was blue screening.

After unplugging the DL adapter I am down to just my 27" Apple Cinema Display. Would like to get this resolved as well.
slantview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #63
photobyjosh

Default OS X 10.7.3 and Displaylink driver 1.7

I've tried this on both my latest Macbook Air and my Mac Pro.
Everything seemed to work fine when I used my Diamond USB display adapter pro (BVU195) with OS X 10.7.2 and Displaylink driver 1.7.

It no longer works after upgrading to OS X 10.7.3. No longer works as in the screen turns blue on the main monitor and nothing appears on the other monitor. I have to end up restarting the computer after unplugging the adapter.

Any suggestions? Know if a new beta driver is coming out that's compatible with the latest OS X? Thanks!

Last edited by photobyjosh; 02-08-2012 at 02:52 AM. Reason: adding more info
photobyjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #64
fixbone

same issue with plugable adapter
just upgraded to 10.7.3 and driver 1.7 won't work
fixbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #65
richkahn

Default Still No Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Here follows an alternative way for resetting the display preferences:

1. Remove the DisplayLink adapter
2. Boot in safe mode (pressing and holding the shift key after the startup tone, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455)
3. Just open the Display preferences in system preferences (not sure this is needed)
4. Reboot
5. Connect your DisplayLink adapter. The rotation should be back to standard.

Hope to have good news soon.

I tried these and every other suggestion from DisplayLink guys and I still can't use the DisplayLink adapters. I have 3 screens connected to the adapters, one is rotated 90 degrees and my main screen plugged directly into my MAC. At this point, if I can use 2 of my non-rotated DisplayLink screens I would be happy until the fix is out.

No matter what I do, when I plug in my display link adapters I get a blue screen on my main screen...and nothing else shows up. If I unplug my main screen and plug it back in, it comes up, but the side screens do not work.

Any thoughts??
richkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #66
chaz4070

Default Anyone tried NVRam reset?

Both of my screens are rotated so I haven't tried this but has anyone that doesn't have a rotated screen tried an NVRam reset (more widely known as PRAM)? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

I would unplug the adapter, reset the NVRam and then plug in the adapter.

Resetting NVRam usually clears resolution settings and I'm thinking its worth a shot.

To the DisplayLink Team: I'm still very disappointed that you cannot be bothered to update the Mac software page to exercise caution when updating due to some known issues. I think it is ridiculous that people would have to come to the forum and research this. My $.02
chaz4070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #67
philip

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz4070 View Post
Both of my screens are rotated so I haven't tried this but has anyone that doesn't have a rotated screen tried an NVRam reset (more widely known as PRAM)? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

I would unplug the adapter, reset the NVRam and then plug in the adapter.

Resetting NVRam usually clears resolution settings and I'm thinking its worth a shot.

To the DisplayLink Team: I'm still very disappointed that you cannot be bothered to update the Mac software page to exercise caution when updating due to some known issues. I think it is ridiculous that people would have to come to the forum and research this. My $.02
If only it was that simple, I've done PRAM resets and SMC resets to fix this issue to no avail. I even reinstalled lion from the recovery partition.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #68
Sofiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
If only it was that simple, I've done PRAM resets and SMC resets to fix this issue to no avail. I even reinstalled lion from the recovery partition.
That sucks Did you restore lion to 10.7.2? I did that and got my display working again and rotated. At first, the screen displayed garbage, but came good after changing the settings in the display preference.

*edit* I also reinstalled the display link driver ver 1.7.

Last edited by Sofiaan; 02-10-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #69
Sofiaan

It looks like the DL team have put a warning message in RED next to the Mac driver download section of the site. Thank you for doing this, and hopefully that will help people who haven't updated yet. Fingers crossed a real solution is near.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #70
chaz4070

Yeah I saw they finally added a warning to the Mac page. Only took 'em a week and I know I asked at least twice in this thread for it. Better late than never I suppose.

I'm a little disheartened that the DL team hasn't posted anything in a few days - I'm getting ready to reinstall Lion again and just go to 10.7.2 - I was holding out but with no updates/ETA I don't think I want to wait any longer.
chaz4070 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.7, 10.7.3, bvu195, diamond, lion