Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 02-20-2015, 07:19 PM   #1
makinmyway

Unhappy Main Monitor Locks Up While Extended Monitor Works

I have been using DisplayLink Manager for 3-4 years without difficulty both with Windows XP and now Windows 8 (for the last year) with no performance issues.

Lately however I have been experiencing a frozen screen on my main monitor while the extended desktop monitor continues to work fine. I can use Task Manager to close and shut down however I see no response to closing programs on the main screen; it's seemingly locked with an image at a point in time in the past (usually happens when I'm sleeping at night) and will not refresh or show mouse movement when I move to that side of the desktop. This could be caused by another program I suppose but seems to point to the display program as everything is running, I just can't see them.

In addition, because it's the main monitor that is frozen I can't get to the Windows tool bar across the bottom of the main monitor. So ultimately I am forced to shut down. This is happening now nearly every morning.

Can you please advise me as to how I can solve this problem?
makinmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

I'd recommend updating the graphics driver for your computer.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:52 AM   #3
makinmyway

Thanks James for that advice. I already have the most current software driver for my graphics but you did remind me to double check. I should also mention that this problem seems to have two more additional symptoms when it happens: the main screen that is locked up is I think always showing FireFox on top and covering the other open applications and the mouse while it works on the extended monitor it eventually starts to have long graphic trails as I move it like the LogiTech mouse software is having trouble. I've updated to the newest version of FireFox today and double checked that I have the latest LogiTech mouse driver installed. I do. Any other thoughts as to why this is happening?
makinmyway is offline   Reply With Quote