Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 10-14-2019, 04:17 PM   #21
RMOLeary

I am having similar problems and mine have not been resolved using any of the FAQ suggestions or suggestions in this forum post. I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports) with Catalina installed. I am running an Elgato Thunderbold 2 dock, with three Samsung monitors attached, one via a Kensington DisplayLink. I have managed to get rid of the black screen on the DisplayLink monitor, but now all it does is mirror the main monitor. I cannot get it to run in extended mode, as it did before the Catalina upgrade.
RMOLeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 12:48 AM   #22
Ushersorbet

Could someone please advise? I have a macbook air 2018 the one with two usb c ports only. Im looking to connect to two external monitors.

I have read mixed things about the dell d6000 dock. Does someone know of this will allow to connect the macbook air to two screens?

Thank you so much in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixventure View Post
Same here, all fixed. You need to do the uninstall, reboot to recovery, run the kext terminal command and then reboot and install the 5.2.1 beta 2 driver... Takes a few min but worked like a charm.

Note - The d6000 still wont work for me unless I use it with the USB-A adapter, but i suspect that's a Dell firmware and power management issue. I ALWAYS have my screens flash after about 5 min from when I first plug in the D6000. If I am using the USB-A adapter, it all comes back in a second or two, if I am using USB-C, it might come back, but generally the light on the Dell D6000 turns orange and it all just stops working. Switch to USB-A. all good again.
Ushersorbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:26 AM   #23
muneefm

Did DisplayLink fixed this issue ? i currently own a 2019 13 inch macbook pro with "Catalina" and was planning to do a triple monitor setup. will D6000 work ?
muneefm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #24
lspintzyk

We have identified that part of Dell D6000 docks produced between mid 2018-mid 2019 contains USB Hub firmware issue that was uncovered by macOS Catalina 10.15.1 release.

There is a for that.

Please update your dock hub using "Dell Firmware Update Utility":
https://www.dell.com/support/home/uk...sal-dock-d6000

Last edited by lspintzyk; 11-20-2019 at 07:06 AM.
lspintzyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mac os, macbook pro