Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2024, 05:18 PM   #1
Dalkins97

Unhappy Unable to daisy chain between P24HHE & DP2219H

Hi,

I'm using an M2 MacBook Air and have recently received a second monitor through work, one of the newer Dell monitors - P2422HHE. As this has thunderbolt capability, I can connect it directly to my MacBook via Thunderbolt, providing power to my MacBook and the display does work itself.

The problem is, I've used a DisplayPort cable to my second monitor (that I already had) - the Dell DP2219H, and the MacBook isn't picking it up as an additional display. Both displays work, but the display is mirrored across both screens. I've looked in the settings on my Mac and it just picks both displays up as a singular display.

The Dell DP2219H is capable of being daisy chained as I have a windows laptop also, and it works perfectly find on there - they're picked up as two separate displays and work as extended displays.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
Dalkins97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 09:10 AM   #2
ChuChuChan

People are installing Windows on their Macbook Pro and daisy-chained monitors work flawlessly. However, the same setup but with MacOS won't work. It implies it is a software problem. I started a new job and my company has given me a new 16 inch Macbook Pro with M3 pro chip. I could connect two 4k screens using two thunderbolt ports from my laptop but the daisy chain won't work. I have done research the model I am using will only support two 4k external displays unless I use a displaylink supporting dock. As a result, the drawing tablet won't work without extra hardware.

I also tried to use my work laptop at home which I have two monitors daisy chained. They work without any problem with my PC. However, it doesn't work with the same setup. Instead, the external screens will mirror each other.

That's why I don't like Mac. The laptop itself costs about £2.5k at retail price. I would expect it to be more compatible with multi-display setup.
ChuChuChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
daisy chain, display port, macbook air m2 (2022)