Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2023, 07:14 PM   #1
Marksman355

Default Video issues

I recently bought a MacBook Air M2 with Sonoma, I installed the drivers, gave USB permission and screen recording permission.
After giving USB permission there is still a message in the DisplayLink app: Please Allow your DL Device to connect to this Mac

Everything seems to work fine until I want to play a video from a streaming site (Netflix, Disney+, Prime etc)
The video starts and I hear the audio and see the subtitles, but no video. Regardless which browser I use (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) When I disconnect the Displaylink cable from my DL6000 the video suddenly is visible.

Any idea what is going on here?

Last edited by Marksman355; 10-10-2023 at 07:21 PM.
Marksman355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 04:29 AM   #2
Tikumo

This has to do with copy protection, that is not supported by Displaylink. You can disable hardware acceleration in Chrome to watch video's again but that gives some other issues.

Would be cool if they would make it so that you could disable it per domain.
Tikumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 11:02 AM   #3
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman355 View Post
I recently bought a MacBook Air M2 with Sonoma, I installed the drivers, gave USB permission and screen recording permission.
After giving USB permission there is still a message in the DisplayLink app: Please Allow your DL Device to connect to this Mac
The notification you see that reads, 'Please allow your DisplayLink Device to connect to this Mac' is a static notification. It will be present at all times, regardless of whether or not you have granted permission for the USB device to connect to the host computer. This is expected behavior.

DisplayLink speaks to this detail in this knowledge base article --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...cted-mode-prot
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote