Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #111
stvlada

I think it is sufficient that we have provided information to DisplayLink team with the findings we have made. This should be enough information to trigger deeper investigation and troubleshooting process of the DL drivers, graphic card vendors and Microsoft.

We shouldn't spend much time troubleshooting this ourselves, as DL products should be functioning with "plug and play". I hope that DL support team reads this forum and posts on a regular basis.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:25 AM   #112
AlbanRampon

Arrow Thread content to be split and thread to be closed

Hello,

I am going to split the thread. It is just an unmanageable mix, with root causes investigated via 2 different streams.

DisplayLink driver for the device stvlada and iionas have is not using the GPU.
So the fact the GPU clock is higher from Windows 10 19H1 v1903 is a problem, but not a problem of WUDFHost.exe using higher CPU from Windows 10 RS4, which could be power management rather than graphics (and 2 different versions of Windows . This thread was created for RS1, which was then subsenquently acknowledged as addressed.

There's already a different thread for GPU complaint since Windows 10 v1903 and I will be moving relevant posts there.
I will also be creating a thread specific to the fan from RS3 to RS4+.
When these threads are created and threads moved, I'll update this post with links to the current threads and close this one.

1. dGPU is hotter/clock is higher since I upgraded to Windows 10 19H1 v1903
2. CPU fan usage has increased between Windows 10 RS3 and RS4+ (v1709 to v1803+)

Kind regards,
Alban
PS: I may tweak this post when I do the sorting if another theme is found, or to precise title better.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution

Last edited by AlbanRampon; 08-15-2019 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Adding link
Old 08-17-2019, 03:19 AM   #113
iionas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hello,

I am going to split the thread. It is just an unmanageable mix, with root causes investigated via 2 different streams.

DisplayLink driver for the device stvlada and iionas have is not using the GPU.
So the fact the GPU clock is higher from Windows 10 19H1 v1903 is a problem, but not a problem of WUDFHost.exe using higher CPU from Windows 10 RS4, which could be power management rather than graphics (and 2 different versions of Windows . This thread was created for RS1, which was then subsenquently acknowledged as addressed.

There's already a different thread for GPU complaint since Windows 10 v1903 and I will be moving relevant posts there.
I will also be creating a thread specific to the fan from RS3 to RS4+.
When these threads are created and threads moved, I'll update this post with links to the current threads and close this one.

1. dGPU is hotter/clock is higher since I upgraded to Windows 10 19H1 v1903
2. CPU fan usage has increased between Windows 10 RS3 and RS4+ (v1709 to v1803+)

Kind regards,
Alban
PS: I may tweak this post when I do the sorting if another theme is found, or to precise title better.

Cheeers bud.

If you need help with anything let me know, keen to get this issue sorted. Appreciate you chiming in.
Closed Thread