Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 11-04-2022, 11:01 AM   #1
rdobbe

Default Two monitors - only one extended display

Dear all,

For my MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), I use a Dell docking station Dell K20A001 and have connected two Dell monitors:
- U2417H
- P2319H
Both are connected to the docking station via a 20 pin DisplayPort cable.

On my MacBook, I have the DisplayLink Manager 1.8 installed.

The problem: I get only one extended screen, which is mirrored across the two Dell monitors.

I would like to have two extended screens, one for each monitor.

Is this possible? And if so, how do I fix it?

Thank you very much in advance for your advice.

Kind greetings,
Roel
rdobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 11:15 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdobbe View Post
Dear all,

For my MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), I use a Dell docking station Dell K20A001 and have connected two Dell monitors:
- U2417H
- P2319H
Both are connected to the docking station via a 20 pin DisplayPort cable.

On my MacBook, I have the DisplayLink Manager 1.8 installed.

The problem: I get only one extended screen, which is mirrored across the two Dell monitors.

I would like to have two extended screens, one for each monitor.

Is this possible? And if so, how do I fix it?

Thank you very much in advance for your advice.

Kind greetings,
Roel
The Dell part number you provided suggests you are using a Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB --> https://www.dell.com/support/home/en...-dock/overview

Presuming for the moment that information is correct, that Dell dock does NOT have DisplayLink technology inside of it, which means DisplayLink will not be able to help you.

The WD19TB has a DisplayPort MST hub inside of it that drives the connected displays. Mac systems do NOT support DisplayPort MST, which is why a single image is being mirrored across both displays.

To the best of my knowledge, you will not be able to workaround this limitation.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 06:47 AM   #3
rdobbe

Default Thank you

Thank you for this information.

I have the Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TBS. My guess is it has the same problem as the Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB.

I will see with my IT colleagues if we can do a switch to something that supports DisplayLink. Would you have any recommendations for docking stations?
rdobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdobbe View Post
Thank you for this information.

I have the Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TBS. My guess is it has the same problem as the Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB.

I will see with my IT colleagues if we can do a switch to something that supports DisplayLink. Would you have any recommendations for docking stations?
The WD19TBS appears to be virtually identical to the WD19TB, so I believe the information I provided previously still applies.

I don't have any specific recommendations for DisplayLink-based products, however DisplayLink has a list of all the products that use DisplayLink technology here --> https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ylink-products
Old 09-28-2023, 01:57 PM   #5
AbangL

Default Still occuring

I'm working on a macbook as well and using the Dell D6000.

2 external monitors are showing a duplicated wndow instead of each monitor showing its own window.
The macbook is showing an other window.

How can I set Displaylink and macbook two show different windows on eacht of the 2 external monitors?
AbangL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 12:02 PM   #6
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbangL View Post
I'm working on a macbook as well and using the Dell D6000.

2 external monitors are showing a duplicated wndow instead of each monitor showing its own window.
The macbook is showing an other window.

How can I set Displaylink and macbook two show different windows on eacht of the 2 external monitors?
Your case is very different than that of the original poster's issue, because you are using a different model docking station.

If the manufacturer of your docking station (Dell) is not able to assist you, then I would suggest contacting DisplayLink directly for assistance by following the process outlined here --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...to-displaylink

Tags
dell docking station, macbook pro 2020 m1, multiple monitors