Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-21-2022, 07:19 PM   #1
borden

Exclamation M1 + external display no rotation options

Hi I am using a 2020 13" MacBook Air (M1) running to a 27" LG Ultrafine Display + a 20" Dell display + have recently added a 24" dell to the setup. I am trying to use the older 20" Dell as a vertical display but there are no options to rotate the display in either my display settings thru OS X or the DisplayLink display options - they just aren't there as an option - it's blank!
I am running DisplayLink manager 1.6 with Big Sur 11.6.2 - using a physical starTech display link adapter to run to both Dell monitors.
What am I doing wrong where I am unable to see display options in the DisplayLink manager screen?
borden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 12:04 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by borden View Post
Hi I am using a 2020 13" MacBook Air (M1) running to a 27" LG Ultrafine Display + a 20" Dell display + have recently added a 24" dell to the setup. I am trying to use the older 20" Dell as a vertical display but there are no options to rotate the display in either my display settings thru OS X or the DisplayLink display options - they just aren't there as an option - it's blank!
I am running DisplayLink manager 1.6 with Big Sur 11.6.2 - using a physical starTech display link adapter to run to both Dell monitors.
What am I doing wrong where I am unable to see display options in the DisplayLink manager screen?
macOS 12 Monterey is required in order to support DisplayLink-based display rotation on an Apple M1 Mac.

DisplayLink calls this out in the title of this KB article --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...ticles/1984314 and in the release notes for DisplayLink Manager version 1.6 --> https://www.synaptics.com/sites/defa...se%20Notes.txt
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
(m1), mac, macbook, rotate, rotation