Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 08-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #11
APT

Attached is the advanced diagnostics that was run while the screen was black.

Just to repeat the issue I am seeing with this:

After the Windows 10 1607 upgrade, the screen is black when first connected to the USB adapter. I then press Windows+P several times to switch to another mode like "Duplicate" or "Extend". Wait a few seconds and the second monitor comes on, then switch it to "Second Screen Only". If I unplug the USB I have the repeat the above steps again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LAPTOP-SK272KNG_20160825_132613.zip (6.19 MB, 0 views)
APT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:03 PM   #12
James

I have the same issue, worked fine up until the anniversary update but now the display is just black, tried everything, updating/reinstalling drivers (laptop ones also) but even the AMD catalyst doesn't detect the display properly however it does look like its working via the screen resolution options and device manager..

Since I'm stumped I've attached my troubleshooting logs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HP-LAPTOP_20160825_211942.zip (965.2 KB, 1 views)
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:06 AM   #13
AlbanRampon

Hi James,
Thanks for the logs. I see 7.9 M0, 7.9 M7 were installed alongside 8.0 M0, some seems to be installed through corporate deployment.
I would advise to start again from a clean slate:
- Disconnect ThinkPad Basic USB 3.0 Dock
- Remove DisplayLink Core Software using Add/Remove Program, if you can
- Use our End User Cleaner to remove the different elements
- Fetch new AMD drivers as these predates Windows 10 and install them. The anniversary update has fundamental changes in the graphics subsystem.
- Install 8.0 M1 or 8.0 M2 if available from the download section (depending on when you read this).
If the problem persists after these steps, please give me new logs so I can check the new status.
The product you have is NOT an old generation product which is impacted by compatibility issue. We will get it working again!
Kind regards,
Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I have the same issue, worked fine up until the anniversary update but now the display is just black, tried everything, updating/reinstalling drivers (laptop ones also) but even the AMD catalyst doesn't detect the display properly however it does look like its working via the screen resolution options and device manager..

Since I'm stumped I've attached my troubleshooting logs.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #14
AlbanRampon

Thank you APT,
I will need a bit more time to analyse this with engineering, and may need to ask Microsoft for advice.
Your finding with the Windows+P is surprising but extremely useful!
Kind regards,
Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by APT View Post
Attached is the advanced diagnostics that was run while the screen was black.

Just to repeat the issue I am seeing with this:

After the Windows 10 1607 upgrade, the screen is black when first connected to the USB adapter. I then press Windows+P several times to switch to another mode like "Duplicate" or "Extend". Wait a few seconds and the second monitor comes on, then switch it to "Second Screen Only". If I unplug the USB I have the repeat the above steps again.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #15
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbanRampon View Post
Hi James,
Thanks for the logs. I see 7.9 M0, 7.9 M7 were installed alongside 8.0 M0, some seems to be installed through corporate deployment.
- Fetch new AMD drivers as these predates Windows 10 and install them. The anniversary update has fundamental changes in the graphics subsystem.
- Install 8.0 M1 or 8.0 M2 if available from the download section (depending on when you read this).
If the problem persists after these steps, please give me new logs so I can check the new status.
The product you have is NOT an old generation product which is impacted by compatibility issue. We will get it working again!
Kind regards,
Alban

Thanks for the quick response, I'll give this a try and see how I get on.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:13 PM   #16
Pavel

AlbanRampon, аnd what about me? I've attached my troubleshooting logs some posts ago.
Pavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 01:40 PM   #17
AlbanRampon

Unhappy

I'm sorry Pavel, I missed it. Thank you for asking!

I see you had a USB Mass Storage recognised during log gathering. Did you have a USB key or is it from the Lenovo USB Dock?
You can check in Device Manager if you see entries "USB Mass Storage Device", then the Lenovo dock implements a dual USB configuration which is not compatible with the Windows 10 USB driver used because it cannot switch configuration.

It doesn't look like this is a product based on our DL-1x0 products which we had a bug and fixed in 8.0 M2 under final prepartion.
There are several generations using that Product ID, if I am correct, this one seems to be from about 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
AlbanRampon, аnd what about me? I've attached my troubleshooting logs some posts ago.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:56 PM   #18
James

Thanks for your assistance, I have now resolved my issue.

I followed your process but also went into device manager and removed all hidden devices that weren't connected ensuring all drivers were uninstalled for those devices.

Glad I found this forum as its been driving me nuts for over a week!

Quote:
Hi James,
Kind regards,
Alban
Old 08-26-2016, 07:39 PM   #19
Pavel

Smile

Quote:
I'm sorry Pavel, I missed it. Thank you for asking!

I see you had a USB Mass Storage recognised during log gathering. Did you have a USB key or is it from the Lenovo USB Dock?
You can check in Device Manager if you see entries "USB Mass Storage Device", then the Lenovo dock implements a dual USB configuration which is not compatible with the Windows 10 USB driver used because it cannot switch configuration.

It doesn't look like this is a product based on our DL-1x0 products which we had a bug and fixed in 8.0 M2 under final prepartion.
There are several generations using that Product ID, if I am correct, this one seems to be from about 2010.
Thanks for quick answer!
This USB Mass Storage Device is my USB HDD Seagate. It is connected to another USB port of my laptop (not USB port on the Lenovo dock). In previous version of Windows 10 this configuration works fine. But I can try to disconnect my USB HDD and see what happens.
My dock is Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator with Digital Video (0A33942* - United States). I can not find any information about DL chip inside it.
Pavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #20
AlbanRampon

Ok Pavel, found it Product ID 01E6.
I see the Seagate as E:
But I see another one as F: which is Flash memory.
Because of the product ID, it looks like you have an autoinstall/Mass Storage we don't have a solution for today. Could you please send an email to technical_enquiries our our domain.com?
I'll send you 8.0 M2, but I am not really optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel View Post
Thanks for quick answer!
This USB Mass Storage Device is my USB HDD Seagate. It is connected to another USB port of my laptop (not USB port on the Lenovo dock). In previous version of Windows 10 this configuration works fine. But I can try to disconnect my USB HDD and see what happens.
My dock is Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator with Digital Video (0A33942* - United States). I can not find any information about DL chip inside it.

Tags
black screen, lenovo usb 2.0, windows 10 1607