Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software

Old 06-03-2018, 02:42 AM   #1
funbotix

Default Targus DSU300 not shown in DisplayLink icon in systray

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 gaming laptop and I purchased a Targus VersaLink Dual HD Video DSU300 DisplayLink device to connect multiple external monitors to my laptop. It shows up in Device Manager as a Display Adaptor named "Targus USB3 DV1K-2K Compact Dock", but there's no entry for that or anything associated with DisplayLInk under the Universal Serial Bus controllers section. The VID and PID for the dock look correct. No additional monitors are available in the Windows settings for the display, and none show up if I click on the "Detect" button. When I right-click on the DisplayLink icon in the systray, the dock does not show up, nor does anything else show up that lets me configure or use the 2 Dell monitors that are connected to the dock. I do have the external power adapter plugged into the wall and the output is plugged into the dock. I'm using the supplied USB3 cable, and other devices I have plugged into the dock are usable on the laptop. What can I do to try to get the extra monitors to be available on this DisplayLink device? I ran your DisplayLink Support Tool and attached the ZIP file of logs to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DL_Windows_Logs_20180602_201212.zip (996.0 KB, 4 views)
funbotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
astruzyna

Hello Funbotix,

Thank you for describing your issue and for including the log files, these are very helpful.

Please try and follow the instructions in this article: https://support.displaylink.com/know...rticles/736116 however please make sure you disconnect your DisplayLink device first. The instructions in the article will allow you to clear persistence and force your laptop to rediscover all connected monitors (or help it discover them for the first time). Please let me know if these steps helped with your issue.

Kind regards,
Aga
astruzyna is offline   Reply With Quote