Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2016, 03:57 AM   #1
scratchthat

Exclamation Should we roll back from Windows10 Anniversary Edition?

Is it DisplayLink's recommendation that until the driver situation for the Anniversary Edition is fixed, that we should roll back to the previous edition of Windows 10?

WUDFHost.exe is now killing any and all performance of the DisplayLink drivers: even if I roll a mouse pointer over the connected monitor, I need to use a full core to process it! And I only have a dual core machine.

Any advice from DisplayLink on how to proceed? Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Last edited by scratchthat; 10-04-2016 at 05:04 PM.
scratchthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #2
scratchthat

Unhappy

Anybody out there?
scratchthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:20 AM   #3
medei

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchthat View Post
Is it DisplayLink's recommendation that until the driver situation for the Anniversary Edition is fixed, that we should roll back to the previous edition of Windows 10?

WUDFHost.exe is now killing any and all performance of the DisplayLink drivers: even if I roll a mouse pointer over the connected monitor, I need to use a full core to process it! And I only have a dual core machine.

Any advice from DisplayLink on how to proceed? Any recommendations?

Thanks.
I'm having the same problem. Windows Driver Foundation is taking a lot of CPU. Also I get graphics problem. Screen is slow and does not update correctly on my monitors. Sometimes I need to minimize/maximize or drag the mouse pointer over an area to get the screen to refresh.
medei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #4
rbm

I too still have issues, even with the latest W10 Updates and latest Driver versions. I donīt have graphical glitches, but the mouse lag is killing me sometimes. And itīs only on the external monitors, so everything which goes through the USB docking station.

I wonder if it is possible for DisplayLink to release Drivers for W10.1607 with the old Driver model and keep the newer as a Beta release for people who are willing to test it. But for production usage, I now need a plan for all the systems in the company. I will delay the 1607 update for a while, but the day will come where we need to implement it to get further updates from Microsoft. That will be the day where I need to decide if I need to purchase different docking stations. And that will be quite an investment.

I really hope they find either a good interim solution for the people with the lag issue or hopefully have good contact with Microsoft to get this sorted together.

Edit: Iīve seen this post too. so thereīs hope the next Update will improve things.

Last edited by rbm; 10-05-2016 at 10:49 AM.
rbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 05:29 PM   #5
AlbanRampon

Arrow

Hello,

No is the short answer.

For the details, we would need to separate things and investigate them as putting everything in the same bag will lead to a complicated and confusing thread where nobody will know what we're talking about... I believe.

If there are leftovers on your screen, this really is not a DisplayLink issue. DisplayLink driver does not (and never has) composed the desktop. Windows Desktop Manager does that and the primary graphics card does the compute.
Because the graphics subsystem changed in the anniversary update, I'd recommend checking from the graphics card vendor (NOT the laptop manufacturer) what latest drivers can be applied to your graphics card.
In most cases, you can verify this by doing a print screen you paste in Microsoft Paint (cutting edge solution (!)). Is the print screen showing the left overs?

If the mouse is lagging in replace mode with high WUDFHost CPU load, you should make sure KB3194496 is installed so it has the OS fix. The CPU load in that case does NOT cause the lag... it's the opposite: the driver keeps waiting and waiting and waiting.

In any case, without logs and video of the symptom, I can't say if we're working on it or not. So please, do open a new thread, explaining what your issue is and pasting the information we can work with as without them, I can only make moderately helpful generic statements... I want to help but need data. The more data, the easier it gets to understand what you have.

You technically can install the older driver on your machine which may TOTALLY STOP WORKING (as in "I can't boot or login") because of WDDM changes being rolled out. That's why, even if technically possible, nobody should recommend this.

Kind regards,
Alban

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 06:41 AM   #6
mrwoodbrick@gmail.com

Default Same or similar issues

Hi there. I have a USB docking station using display link drivers which is also now completely non-functioning after Windows anniversary update. Mouse latency is crazy and computer eventually completely freezes up.

I now have to unplug my DVI cable from my docking station to use this PC. As soon as I plug DVI cable into my PC, there are no issues. When I plug DVI cable into docking station; the mouse latency/ freezing returns.

So how can this be a windows/ graphics driver issue?

The problem only occurs when the graphics run via the docking station (running on Display Link drivers).

It seems pretty clear cut that this is a display link driver issue under the latest Windows architecture. Or is there something I'm missing?
mrwoodbrick@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #7
AlbanRampon

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwoodbrick@gmail.com View Post
Hi there. I have a USB docking station using display link drivers which is also now completely non-functioning after Windows anniversary update. Mouse latency is crazy and computer eventually completely freezes up.

I now have to unplug my DVI cable from my docking station to use this PC. As soon as I plug DVI cable into my PC, there are no issues. When I plug DVI cable into docking station; the mouse latency/ freezing returns.

So how can this be a windows/ graphics driver issue?

The problem only occurs when the graphics run via the docking station (running on Display Link drivers).

It seems pretty clear cut that this is a display link driver issue under the latest Windows architecture. Or is there something I'm missing?
We already had this discussion a few times, that's why. But we welcome any deep analysis you may have made.
http://displaylink.org/forum/showpos...7&postcount=42
http://displaylink.org/forum/showpos...4&postcount=33
But like with everyone else, if you've got logs (as described in the signature), then we can look into it, otherwise that's just a chat without any evidence.

Where to download the latest DisplayLink drivers
How to clean up a corrupted installation
How to report issues to DisplayLink for a speedy resolution
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote