Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 07-21-2021, 03:02 AM   #1
pirana6

Default 5.2.5 KEXT only loading when SIP is off

2019 MBP
Catalina 10.15.7

SIP disabled: KEXT 'loads' and runs external monitor/dock great! Clamshell even works.
SIP enabled: KEXT never loads and external monitor does not work.

I can uninstall and install in every different manner (csrutil disabled/enabled, etc) but I can only get the Displaylink KEXT to load when SIP is disabled.

Is there a way around this? Obviously I'd like to have SIP enabled at all times except for short instances when something is necessary.

Is there a file somewhere I just need to grant root permissions to or something like that?

Thanks for any help!
pirana6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirana6 View Post
2019 MBP
Catalina 10.15.7

SIP disabled: KEXT 'loads' and runs external monitor/dock great! Clamshell even works.
SIP enabled: KEXT never loads and external monitor does not work.

I can uninstall and install in every different manner (csrutil disabled/enabled, etc) but I can only get the Displaylink KEXT to load when SIP is disabled.

Is there a way around this? Obviously I'd like to have SIP enabled at all times except for short instances when something is necessary.

Is there a file somewhere I just need to grant root permissions to or something like that?

Thanks for any help!
Does this information help? --> https://support.displaylink.com/know...-functionality
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 12:17 AM   #3
pirana6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboerner View Post
Unfortunately following the suggestions on that page do not seem to fix my issue.

I have gone back and forth uninstalling so many times I may have messed up something deep in my computer, however after full uninstall and install I don't see anything at all in System Prefs > Sec and Priv > General (i.e. I don't see the "System Software from Developer was blocked...")
pirana6 is offline   Reply With Quote