Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 06-01-2021, 02:20 AM   #21
Gorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarzynaKowalczyk View Post
Rotation currently requires an Intel-based computer on macOS Big Sur 11.0 and later.
Display rotation is yet available on computers using Apple M1 silicon. This feature is under development.

For anyone having issues with the logouts please make sure that with M1 computers you do not have any of your screens rotated.

We have received reports of crashes and subsequent user logouts on MacOS machines with M1 chips, usually triggered by setting screen rotation.
  1. If you are experiencing such issues, please do the following:
  2. Unplug the dock and restart your machine to make it operational again.
  3. Download fixing script from our website: Reset macOS display persistence.
  4. Unpack the archive, so that you have ResetDisplayPrefs v1.20.command in your Downloads folder.
  5. Run Terminal and execute these commands to run the script:
    HTML Code:
    cd ~/Downloads
    chmod +x ResetDisplayPrefs\ v1.20.command
    sudo ./ResetDisplayPrefs\ v1.20.command
  6. The script has to be run with administrator privileges, this is required to forcefully delete defective system settings. Type in your password and press enter.
  7. The script will display list of display-related settings files that will be deleted and will ask for confirmation before proceeding.
  8. After confirmation the script will delete those files, forcing MacOS to recreate them from scratch.
  9. After the script finishes it will ask you to reboot your machine. You can plug in your dock after reboot and the issue should be resolved.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
Thank you for this, completely fixed the issue for me! Looking forward to the screen rotation update.

I can't believe apple doesn't support these things automatically and makes their customers find 3rd party solutions. Does no one working at apple use 2+ monitors or vertical monitors!?

Anyway, thanks displaylink, you guys are doing god's work!
Gorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:36 AM   #22
press_play

Thanks for this thread, it saved me. I kept crashing and being logged out due to having a display rotated. Where can I follow the update to enable rotated displayed on M1 chip MacBooks?
press_play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 01:16 PM   #23
karlissimo

Default SOLUTION: Two monitors + one rotated

Hi all. Thank you a lot for the solutions here, helped me a lot with getting out of logging out cycle.

I recently found a way, how to have two monitors where one monitor is rotated. MacBook has two USB-C ports. Use one port with DriverLink to connect one external monitor (which is NOT going to be rotated), and use the second USB-C port with a different hub (I used HyperDrive) to connect the second monitor to it, which allows rotation.

Enjoy!
karlissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:18 AM   #24
kckingc

Quote:
Rotation currently requires an Intel-based computer on macOS Big Sur 11.0 and later.
Display rotation is yet available on computers using Apple M1 silicon. This feature is under development.

For anyone having issues with the logouts please make sure that with M1 computers you do not have any of your screens rotated.

We have received reports of crashes and subsequent user logouts on MacOS machines with M1 chips, usually triggered by setting screen rotation.
  4. Unpack the archive, so that you have ResetDisplayPrefs v1.20.command in your Downloads folder.
    HTML Code:
    cd ~/Downloads
  6. The script has to be run with administrator privileges, this is required to forcefully delete defective system settings. Type in your password and press enter.
  7. The script will display list of display-related settings files that will be deleted and will ask for confirmation before proceeding.
  8. After confirmation the script will delete those files, forcing MacOS to recreate them from scratch.
  9. After the script finishes it will ask you to reboot your machine. You can plug in your dock after reboot and the issue should be resolved.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
Hi, the link goes to the DisplayLink installer, not the ResetDisplayPrefs tool. Is there another link?
kckingc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:06 AM   #25
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kckingc View Post
Hi, the link goes to the DisplayLink installer, not the ResetDisplayPrefs tool. Is there another link?
Hello,

Here is the new link for you, please try with it: https://synaptics.com/products/displ...sistence-reset

Best regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 03:57 PM   #26
robert.2

Default Worked

Hi, I just registered to tell you that it solved my problem. Thanks!

After upgrading my MacOS X from 11.5.x to 11.6 the mentioned problem appeared, crashing monitors and logout.

I did delete the two files and executed the script as described and it worked.
Thanks also for the new corrected download link for the script.
robert.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:37 AM   #27
sinaudjango

Quote:

HTML Code:
    cd ~/Downloads

Best regards,
Katarzyna

hello could you fix this link?
invalid download ResetDisplayPrefs.command link
sinaudjango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:13 AM   #28
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinaudjango View Post
hello could you fix this link?
invalid download ResetDisplayPrefs.command link
The updated link to the 'Reset macOS Display Persistence' script is here --> https://synaptics.com/products/displ...sistence-reset
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 06:20 AM   #29
nickspiel

Default Solved

This also solved the issue for me. Keen for an update when monitor rotation is supported.
nickspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 08:55 PM   #30
adrummer11

Default Is there an update for this?

If anyone is encountering this persistent issue and is having trouble with the terminal commands in the solution, you might try adjusting the commands to:

HTML Code:
cd ~/Downloads
chmod +x ResetDisplayPrefs.command 
sudo ./ResetDisplayPrefs\.command  
I found that iOS rebuilds the deleted files upon reboot, which starts the problem all over again. For now I just drop the above in the terminal when I start up in the morning and then don't reboot at the prompt. It's an annoying couple of extra minutes but works, unless anyone has a better idea.

Last edited by adrummer11; 06-12-2023 at 11:04 PM.
adrummer11 is offline   Reply With Quote