Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 12-03-2021, 02:03 PM   #21
soymilkrules

Default Remove Ethernet for Multiple Displays on Wake on Mac Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by geguze View Post
I noticed that I was on DisplayLink version 1.4. With version 1.5 I can replicate the same problem as mentioned in previous posts: with no Ethernet cable i get the docking station and Mac behave correctly.

Removing the ethernet cable from my dock fixed my issue of multiple displays not working on wake. I too had to remove USB-C cable and reinsert every time the machine was woken from sleep. Removing the ethernet cable has fixed this issue.

Macbook Pro Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)
DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111)
soymilkrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:30 AM   #22
elkbullwinkle

Hi Jakub,

Can you please advise whether there is any work going to improve MacOs Monterey compatibility without losing ethernet?

Regards,
Sasha.
elkbullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #23
ojobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by soymilkrules View Post
Removing the ethernet cable from my dock fixed my issue of multiple displays not working on wake. I too had to remove USB-C cable and reinsert every time the machine was woken from sleep. Removing the ethernet cable has fixed this issue.

Macbook Pro Monterey 12.0.1 (21A559)
DisplayLink Manager 1.3.0 (Build 56.111)
What dock are you using? I have an issue with this with my Dell D6000 - I previously upgraded the firmware to overcome this issue, but it has come back with the 1.6 beta. I powercycle the dock to get the screen to come back on.
ojobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:49 PM   #24
CC_rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakubDabrowski View Post
Dear users,

Thank you for your feedback here on the forum.

We are aware of this problem and are working on it. We were able to reproduce the issue in our office and our engineers are analyzing this problem.

Right now we have noticed that unplugging Ethernet cable from the docking station helps with sleep problems. We are not yet sure if that will be a final workaround in all cases but we are still testing and investigating this issue.

If you are able, please unplug your ETH cable from the docking station and verify.

Thank you for any further feedback you may share.

Kind regards,
Jakub

Please try to fix this issue ASAP, because it's affecting A LOT more users than expected. Just confirming that by upgrading to Monterey 12.0.1 (from Big Sur) we are running in the same problem posted in this thread, regardless of the type of the Mac (Intel or Silicon). We cannot afford to disconnect the Ethernet cables connected to Targus docks in our offices, since these docking stations have been used by everyone in a "hotel station" setup (Windows and macOS platforms) and we cannot make a broad communication for this "work-around".

Thanks,

CC_rider
CC_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:52 AM   #25
ojobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojobson View Post
What dock are you using? I have an issue with this with my Dell D6000 - I previously upgraded the firmware to overcome this issue, but it has come back with the 1.6 beta. I powercycle the dock to get the screen to come back on.

MacOS 12.1 seems to fix the screen not waking from sleep with the D6000 (latest firmware) and the 1.6 beta.
ojobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:09 PM   #26
CC_rider

Quote:
MacOS 12.1 seems to fix the screen not waking from sleep with the D6000 (latest firmware) and the 1.6 beta.
I can confirm the above as well. Monterey 12.1 seems to fix the issue.

Cheers,

CC_rider
CC_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:20 PM   #27
shiftux

sound issue is still not resolved for me. and external drives keep disconnecting
monterey 12.1
displaylink manager 1.6
shiftux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 05:05 PM   #28
dhokes

Re. waking up from sleep, I get this issue where waking up from sleep, the external monitors don't come on and the windows shift from where they were on my external monitors to my laptop. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yznjZYQEO60
dhokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 09:45 PM   #29
dhokes

Quote:
I take it you don't encounter the issue in my previous post's video? :s
dhokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:18 PM   #30
krsmga

Here I have the same problem, I have a macbook air m1, with dock d6000, the firmware is up to date and DisplayLink 1.6. If he sleeps, when he wakes up only the monitor connected to the HDMI turns on. The monitors connected to the displayport are off. Keyboard and USB mouse are turned off.

I tested the ethernet, but nothing changes.
krsmga is offline   Reply With Quote