Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 08-22-2021, 11:05 PM   #1
Gouldan123

Default MacOS 11.5.2 not compatible with latest drivers

I recently purchased the Dell display link docking station usb 3.0 D3100 to hook up 2 external monitors to my Mackbook Pro (with M1chip), Everything worked well until the latest macbook pro update to the new operating system 11.5.2. I do not see any new drivers from display link that will remedy this issue. Any suggestions I would appreciate.
Gouldan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:43 AM   #2
JakubDabrowski
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello Gouldan123,

Thank you for posting on our forum.

May you please follow this guide and gather log files from your computer? I would like to analyze the issue as we did not have reports that our driver does not work on new MacOS version.

You can either post your log files here or send it with description to our email address( technical-enquiries@synaptics.com) for a more personal contact.

Kind regards,
Jakub
JakubDabrowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 04:45 PM   #3
TheNickGuy

Angry MacOS 11.5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouldan123 View Post
I recently purchased the Dell display link docking station usb 3.0 D3100 to hook up 2 external monitors to my Mackbook Pro (with M1chip), Everything worked well until the latest macbook pro update to the new operating system 11.5.2. I do not see any new drivers from display link that will remedy this issue. Any suggestions I would appreciate.
I have this exact same issue. Everything was working fine with my Dell D6000 dock connected via HDMI to my Sceptre C35 ultrawide monitor prior to the MacOS update to 11.5.2 and now I cannot get the correct 3440x1440 resolution, I am stuck at 2560x1440.

Can someone with DisplayLink help with this issue?!

I am currently running an HDMI cable, but have ordered a DP cable and will report back to this thread if it corrects the issue.
TheNickGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 01:57 AM   #4
TheNickGuy

Default Problem Solved

For what it's worth, I switched from an 8K HDMI cable to a 1.4 DisplayPort cable from my Dell D6000 to my Sceptre 35" Ultrawide and immediately the problem was resolved.

I have full resolution now with the DisplayPort cable.
TheNickGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:56 AM   #5
ryanhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNickGuy View Post
For what it's worth, I switched from an 8K HDMI cable to a 1.4 DisplayPort cable from my Dell D6000 to my Sceptre 35" Ultrawide and immediately the problem was resolved.

I have full resolution now with the DisplayPort cable.
Glad you got it working , but I don't believe your issue is the same as reported in this thread - as you're only using one monitor and it sounds like you're monitor is connected via the hardware connection (HDMI) and not taking advantage of DisplayLink's software display. My guess is if you removed the DisplayLink software manager you'd have the same effect.

Mine wasn't working in 11.5.2 after the first update, but when I unplugged and used the Mac, then replugged it again (I don't think I needed to reboot) it started working again.

Last edited by ryanhunt; 09-02-2021 at 05:46 AM.
ryanhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #6
AV4LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouldan123 View Post
I think I have the same issue with my Targus ACP70EU Displaylink dockingstation. My connected mouse and keyboard still work but the displays are not. They stopped working a couple of weeks ago when I upgraded to 11.5.2.

Edit:
I tried installing the 1.5.0 beta but that didn't help either. "No monitors detected"

Last edited by AV4LE; 09-03-2021 at 10:48 AM.
AV4LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 01:45 AM   #7
lodermotor

Default M1 Macbook Pro and Dell D6000

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my MacBook and Dell D6000. It was working great until I was updated to 11.5.2 this weekend. Now I can't get even a single monitor to recognize using DisplayLink.

Any updates on this? Anything I can do to help diagnose?

Thanks!

Rob
lodermotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:36 PM   #8
Jamie S.

Default My Display No Longer Works- Mac 11.5 Update

Please if anyone has a solution. It is so frustrating. With every update, my monitors stop working and I lose a day of productivity. This one is a complete no-go.

I can't get my monitors to show anything. Have you found solutions?
Jamie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:07 PM   #9
AV4LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie S. View Post
Please if anyone has a solution. It is so frustrating. With every update, my monitors stop working and I lose a day of productivity. This one is a complete no-go.

I got my employer to pay for a $900 superwidescreen so I don't need the Displaylink driver anymore.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:55 AM   #10
AV4LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie S. View Post

I noticed that a new release od the displaylink driver was released the same day you posted this. I had to try it even though I already got a new screen and it seems to be working for me again.

https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ownloads/macos

DisplayLink Manager 1.5.0 (Build 58.125)

Edit: I also updated to Big Sur 11.6 a few days ago and didn't try Displaylink after that so can't be 100% sure if it is the new Displaylink firmware or MacOS version that solved it.

Last edited by AV4LE; 09-28-2021 at 09:48 AM.