Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-19-2022, 03:06 PM   #1
efjay

Default M1 MacBookPro 13" with 2x DELL U2913WM's

Hi, can anyone tell me if Display Link works to add my second Dell U2913WM monitor? I'm using a CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock which has a Display Port output, and have the first Dell U2913WM working fine as an extended desktop. 2560x1080 is the resolution of the monitor.

I also have a CalDigit Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock, which has 2 HDMI outputs. But when I connect the Mini Dock to the computer or to the TS3, and connect the second Dell using an HDMI cable, the second Dell remains unrecognised.

Thanks for any help.
efjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 12:12 PM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post
Hi, can anyone tell me if Display Link works to add my second Dell U2913WM monitor? I'm using a CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock which has a Display Port output, and have the first Dell U2913WM working fine as an extended desktop. 2560x1080 is the resolution of the monitor.

I also have a CalDigit Thunderbolt 3 Mini Dock, which has 2 HDMI outputs. But when I connect the Mini Dock to the computer or to the TS3, and connect the second Dell using an HDMI cable, the second Dell remains unrecognised.

Thanks for any help.
Macs that have an M1 processor are limited to one external display via their Thunderbolt/USB4 ports. Apple calls this out specifically under the 'Video Support' section of their technical specifications here --> https://support.apple.com/kb/SP824?locale=en_US This internal limitation is why you are experiencing the behavior you describe.

A product based on DisplayLink technology would allow you to circumvent the internal limitations of your Mac. DisplayLink has a guide to locating products based on their technology here --> https://www.synaptics.com/products/d...ylink-products
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#dell, #u2913wm