Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2024, 04:09 PM   #1
shash.kabob

Default Lenovo Thunderbolt 4 dock with MacBook Air M2 16gRam

I've installed the Displaylink software on my MacBook Air and have 2 monitors attached to the dock. One monitor via DP and other via HDMI. (Although I can connect both using DP)

My MacBook only detects one monitor and mirrors on the other monitor. Is there a way I can extend the screen such that I have 2 individual monitors?
shash.kabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 08:25 PM   #2
sadface

Are you using the MacBook as a 3rd screen? I found with my 2020 M1 MBP I have to keep it closed to get two screens.
sadface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 01:22 PM   #3
shash.kabob

@sadface Even if I close the screen on my Mac, it only mirrors on both the screens
shash.kabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 11:01 AM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shash.kabob View Post
I've installed the Displaylink software on my MacBook Air and have 2 monitors attached to the dock. One monitor via DP and other via HDMI. (Although I can connect both using DP)

My MacBook only detects one monitor and mirrors on the other monitor. Is there a way I can extend the screen such that I have 2 individual monitors?
Without more detail about which specific model docking station you are using I cannot be sure, however your description suggests that the dock has a DisplayPort Multi-stream Transport hub inside of it (also known as DP MST) driving the displays. macOS computers do NOT support DP MST, which is why your displays are mirrored.

The dock does not appear to have DisplayLink technology inside of it, which means that DisplayLink will not be able to assist you.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote