Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2023, 08:15 AM   #1
nima

Default Confirm that DisplayLink Manager has been successfully installed // DaisyChain HP

I tried to daisy chain two HP Displays (HP 24m G4) to my MacBook Pro M1 via US-C without any success.

Investigating this issue I updated to the latest version of the DisplayLink Manager (v1.8.0). The Manager tells me that no DisplayLink devices were detected. When I tried to debug this issue as well I learned in the system report that now DisplayLink Manager extension was listed (not "not active" but not even listed).

Anyone any idea regarding the following questions:
  1. how can I confirm that the DisplayLink driver has been properly installed?
  2. Is daisy chaining of two displays using DisplayLink in combination with a MacBook Pro M1 possible at all?
  3. Does the HP E24m G4 at all support DisplayLink?

Kind regards!
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:36 AM   #2
KatarzynaCzaja
DisplayLink Tech Support

Hello,
  1. The disabled extension the OS is referring to is a legacy part and it is normal to see that. It does not affect how the current driver like yours version 1.8 is working.
    If you are able to open the driver, run it and interact with the GUI then you are good to go.
  2. If the DisplayLink part is only in form of DisplayLink Manager being installed then no.
  3. It does not seem like the HP 24m G4 are using DisplayLink technology.

And now into a little bit more detail.

DisplayLink Manager is not a regular app that will connect to any docking station, monitor or video adapter. It is a driver that needs a device to go with it - meaning, it needs a device with DisplayLink chip built into it.

The monitors you are using do not have our chip built into them so those monitors on their own would not be able to communicate with the driver.

Also please keep in mind that monitors that do not have DisplayLink chip built into them and have only USB-C connection available will also not communicate with DisplayLink driver. Our driver is able to communicate with DisplayLink powered monitors or regular monitors connected via DisplayLink powered device (such as docking stations or video adapters) and DisplayPort, HDMI, VGA or DVI.

You can daisy-chain DisplayLink powered products.
KatarzynaCzaja is offline   Reply With Quote