Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #51
macalien

Default Mountain Lion crashes on wake up

I'm having same issues. Macbook pro running mountain lion. upon wakeup kernel panic -> crash -> restart.
I uninstalled driver. no issues. Definitely DisplayLink driver.

Hope it's fixed soon.
macalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #52
monxoom

Hate to say it, but this problem still exists, even after 10.8.1 upgrade.

I hope you guys have done something in the meantime so we soon can use our displaylink products again without the fear of losing data everytime the kernel panics
monxoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 03:58 PM   #53
Carlo
Mac Team

Monxsoom,
It's possible for this to be a different issue. Are you using Bluetooth devices? In case, have you tried the workaround in this thread?
Otherwise, please post the kernel panic details.

Cheers,
Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #54
steverod

For what it's worth, disabling bluetooth has ended my crash on restart. Which is an annoying problem since I use a Magic Trackpad and have had to fall back to a (bad) mouse...
steverod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #55
monxoom

Hi Carlo,

thanks for your reply. I've posted a crash dump before, but will submit a new one if needed.

Yes, I have bluetooth and have it turned on all the time (Magic Mouse in my office and home, too).

Though something strange happened today. I forgot to turn bluetooth off as I headed to work. As I was there and opened my MBP, everything was fine. No panic, nothing. Same thing when I came home. Weird. I've installed 10.8.1 and the crash was definitely there, no matter if I restarted or ran the disk utility or whatnot.

Will observe it further ...
monxoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #56
Pughs

Default Late 2009 iMac 27" 3rd complete crash

I have a 27" iMac running a 2nd 27" Apple LED Cinema display (display port) and a 23" LG IPS display driven by a Diamond USB to DVI with Display Link Chipset. When the computer wakes in the morning the display link screen will not wake, Detect Displays did not see it so I tried unplugging the USB cable and plugging into a different port since this can cause it to be recognized.
Complete system lock followed and even with everything unplugged it will not boot. This happened last week and I did not put it together that the DL driver was the issue. Went to Apple store, they said somehow FIPS mode was enabled (something about data encryption) and it was preventing the system from booting. Complete wipe and restore. This morning same issue, unplug and replug complete lock and now it will not boot again.

I can not tell you how many hours (though over 20) I have waiting for restores for an issue related to your driver and chipset. Running 10.8.1 and now 10.8
Pughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #57
alexkli

Default 10.8.1 seems to help

I do have a bluetooth magic mouse so that fits the description.

But more importantly, I just installed 10.8.1, which seems to fix the issue. (Quickly tried once only, but it always happened for me before. Will report if it comes up again).
alexkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #58
odyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawman View Post
Odyth, I have been watching the news on the pending Mac OS X 10.8.1 release and the known issues with Thunderbolt displays is a core area of focus. The second build of 10.8.1 has already been seeded to developers and I hope it is ready for GA soon.

Apple failed miserably with quality control and testing for the 10.8 release. The fact that turning off my Apple Magic Mouse (any bluetooth device) after sleeping my MBP causes a GSOD was known as far back as last year. You can search for many of these GSOD issues on developer forums when 10.8 was still pre-released.

I hope this is not indicative of a post Steve Jobs Apple.
I updated to 10.8.1 and still have the problem. I will try disabling my bluetooth prior to unplugging as I also have a magic mouse and bluetooth keyboard. I will post back in a few days if that seems to solve it.
odyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #59
alexkli

Ah, no, still happens with 10.8.1, but this time no crash, only a DisplayLinkManager and the kernel process running constantly at 100% or more and a black display link screen. Had to restart (warm).
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #60
alexkli

Default Same issue with 10.8.2

Damn, I still get the issue (100% CPU, mouse moves, but system doesn't react anymore) with 10.8.2.

Am I the only one left?