Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #31
Wim

Hi All

I'm supposed to be on holiday at the moment, but wanted to give you an update from us.

We got the signatures we needed a few weeks ago, and have started doing a test on the beta before release, but this got slowed down, as we had to release v7.4 for Windows 8.1. I'm afraid Windows does still come first as this is what our big customers push us for first.

Anyway - test had started, but found problems with more than 1 DisplayLink display working on some Macs. This has been investigated and believed fixed, but want to do a few more days testing to be sure. The additional good news is that the delay has allowed some good Ethernet connection stability fixes, that was affecting the Mac 2.0 software, to be fixed as well.

We will have the beta available by 9th Sept, and if testing goes well with the current fixes, it may even be next week.

Wim
Old 08-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #32
MickM

So this is certainly some good news, although not being upfront about the delay didn't win you any customer service points. My main fear is that we'll finally get a crack at this driver and uncover something Apple need to fix right around the time they they let the cat out of the bag (I guess that pun doesn't work anymore). Once that happens there'll be a tidal wave of feedback from the world in general and you can bet DisplayLink won't get any love for the next 6 months at least...

I still don't see why you wouldn't release what you've got - we can always go back to the previous driver if we don't like it and you get our feedback for when you get the chance to play with the code. I'm having several different issues (including lagging) in 10.9 enough so that I'm willing to try anything to get an improvement.

BTW: the next time you take a vacation, you need clear it with us first ;-).
Old 08-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #33
JoshFink

Well, that's some good news at least.

I had to roll back to 10.8.4 today as it's just too hard working with extreme lag and trying to get anything done.

I look forward to getting word that the drivers at least put us back on par with the 10.8 features.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #34
ehendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentalengine View Post
Now that we can all see the smokescreen. Anyone thinking of alternatives? I am looking at the Matrox Dual Head ME. Thunderbolt 2 monitors. Sounds promising. Here is a link for info I found. http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/pr...go/digital_me/
Problem I see with that solution is as far as the Mac is concerned it is only 1 display, not 2.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #35
ehendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
Hi All

I'm supposed to be on holiday at the moment, but wanted to give you an update from us.

We got the signatures we needed a few weeks ago, and have started doing a test on the beta before release, but this got slowed down, as we had to release v7.4 for Windows 8.1. I'm afraid Windows does still come first as this is what our big customers push us for first.

Wim
Hey Wim,
First of all .. enjoy your holiday.

I would however also agree that some kind of update from DisplayLink would be helpful. Just stating what you just did helped a bunch of people here knowing that something is being done. Last we heard was that there was a wait for the signing due to the Apple site being down. But this was quite a while ago now.

I would also say that you might find that most people in here are rather savvy. I would not suggest putting a pre-Beta on the download site but maybe posting a link here in the forum instead with the caveat that this would be more like pre-beta but not alpha. As a minimum we can provide some feedback and as mentioned before we can always go back if it really fails.

Hoping this is at least considered.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #36
JoshFink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehendrix View Post
Problem I see with that solution is as far as the Mac is concerned it is only 1 display, not 2.
I've tried this and returned it. While it's super smooth the one big desktop is a pain when you try to go full screen. You also are stuck with both screens being horizontal.

Wasn't optimal bit honestly it's better than a laggy mouse.

Last edited by JoshFink; 09-05-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #37
jkirker

Unhappy

Any updates???
Old 09-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #38
JamesH

Hi,

Beta support for OS X 10.9 Mavericks is available in the DisplayLink Mac OS X 2.1 Beta driver.

See http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=61983 for more details.

Thanks,
James
Old 09-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #39
jdorseydesign

Just upgraded to this, and I was hoping this new beta would fix the laggy mouse cursor I was seeing in Mavericks, but it doesn't. Is this an issue you guys are aware of?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #40
JoshFink

Wow.. that's disappointing. To me that was the only reason to use the upgrade and essentially what it was for. Without this Displaylink under Mavericks is useless as it's unusable.

Josh
Closed Thread