Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
dannyl2912

Default DisplayLink-Software & HDCP?

Hello,

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and 2 Samsung Syncmaster U70 7"-USB-Monitors. I can see the TV-program with my TV-Card and the DVB-Viewer. But when I want to see a Bluray, PowerDVD shows me an error like "there is no HDCP-support on this display"

Is there a version of the DisplayLink-Software to support HDCP?
dannyl2912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
Wim

The current DisplayLink devices do not support HDCP, as we are not a completely protected path. Our next generation USB 3.0 chips are HDCP ready and this will be enabled in the future.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
binaryjay

I am using a DL-3100 adapter (HDMI) with a Playstation 3D Display. Most of the time, it's fine, but 4 or 5 times over the last few days the display has "blanked out" and then come back after a second or two.

I suspect some kind of HDCP handshake issues going on but I'm not sure how I can further diagnose that. Are any HDCP changes/improvements coming in a firmware update?
binaryjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
Wim

In v6.1 software, the DL-3xxx chips are HDCP capable, but it is not enabled in this release.

I think the problem is more likely to be that the video signal might be "on the edge". I'd try a different monitor or cable to start with. If this doesn't help, could you post your log files, with the latest software, if you want us to have a further look.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
binaryjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
In v6.1 software, the DL-3xxx chips are HDCP capable, but it is not enabled in this release.

I think the problem is more likely to be that the video signal might be "on the edge". I'd try a different monitor or cable to start with. If this doesn't help, could you post your log files, with the latest software, if you want us to have a further look.

Wim
That's odd then. I wonder what, during normal windows usage, would cause HDCP to even be an issue. I'm talking about just straight web browsing, development etc. Not playback of Blu-Rays or anything of that sort that I associate with HDCP.

Perhaps it is an issue with the display itself, though I haven't seen it behave that way when using the game console as the input and only with the displaylink device.
binaryjay is offline   Reply With Quote