Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
luiset83

Default Targus ACP51USZ - Use of Windows aero glass mode vs basic mode

Hi there,

I just realized this fixed the problems of Firefox 10, IE 9, among other apps of not being able to re-draw/refresh correctly on my ACER P236H connected to my Targus ACP51USZ.

However... my issue is that I frequently debug code using NVIDIA Parallel Nsight, which requires Windows Basic mode to work, and I lose some usability (refreshing) of my DisplayLink screen otherwise. Is there a fix/workaround for this issue planned? I'm running on an Acer 4830TG-6450, with an NVIDIA GT 540M, with the latest consumer (285.62) drivers.

Also, is this issue still present in the newer Targus ACP70USZ/ACP71USZ or the Toshiba PA3927U-1PRP? Are the specific triggering cases of this 'display corruption' issue known?

I do realize that this might be a minor issue for most, but would be really nice if it was fixed -- I'd very highly recommend DisplayLink products if it is.

Edit: I tried the latest NVIDIA developer drivers (286.16) and the problem still persists, so it doesn't seem like it is related to the NVIDIA drivers.

Last edited by luiset83; 02-03-2012 at 01:01 AM.
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Wim

We know about this and we will have a beta very soon that should solve the issues with Basic mode. Keep an eye on the Beta releases section.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
luiset83

Sweet, thanks for the constant development/fixes!

This particular issue seems to be resolved by leaving the Aero theme enabled and selecting the CUDA option 'Override local debugging checks' within the Nsight Options in Visual Studio. At least with CUDA code that does not render objects to the display, disabling this check does not seem to effect debugger accuracy.

Last edited by luiset83; 02-08-2012 at 05:58 PM.
luiset83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
Wim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wim View Post
We know about this and we will have a beta very soon that should solve the issues with Basic mode. Keep an eye on the Beta releases section.

Wim
The Alpha is now available here:

http://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote