Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
dpdp

Default multi display adaptor problem 1

I have been using 2 "USB 2.0 UGA Multi Display Adapters" with my Windows7 (64) PC for several months without any problem (to run a 3rd and 4th display), but recently I have noticed that on one of my external monitors, the white backgrounds now have an almost pinkish hue.

Initially I thought it was with the monitor, but when I swap the USB adaptors, the problem is apparent only on the monitor attached to the original adaptor.

My apologies if this is a terrible description, but I do not know how else to describe the problem.

Is this correctable or adjustable, all the drivers are up to date and I have not consciously changed any settings since the adapter worked fine

thanks in advance
david
dpdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Wim

This sounds like a hardware problem, where not all the video signals are making it to the monitor. It will be the adapter, cable or monitor that is at fault and a few test combinations should prove the faulty component.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
dpdp

Thank you, I will solve via process of elimination now that I know what the likely cause is
Regards
David
(ps: issue seems to be associated with the adapter)
dpdp is offline   Reply With Quote