Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
krzcho

Question Adapter software version

After installing latest 6.1 M2 software I noticed that adapter's software version was not updated. I have removed the software and the adapter from devide manager using an option to remove the driver as well and reinstalled 6.1 M2. Now I see adapter's driver as ever older one.
What should be the adapter driver version for DL-165? I got 5.6.31854 while core DL software installed is 6.1.36848
krzcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Wim

"DisplayLink Core Software" is the important component. This contains 99% of the DisplayLink code and functionality. The additional components install customer specific branding for the devices, so they appear with the right names in Windows. v5.6 and v6.1 for this component will probably be the same, so will not be an issue.

WIm
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
krzcho

So can you confirm that Core software package does not contain DL-165 driver itself? If so it was changed lately.
krzcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Wim

No, this is not part of the Core software. This is the signed USB driver, which is installed by Setup.exe. This doesn't change very often and as it needs signing can have the same version number across releases.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote