Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software

Old 01-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Gezeiten

Default Display worked on first try. Then turned blue. Now: nothing.

Hello everyone!

I am new to this and I hope I am not asking an already over asked question again. I searched the forum for this issue, but I didn't find the exact one.

When I first plugged in my HP Graphics adapter to my Macbook Pro and installed the DisplayLink driver, everything worked fine.
After some time, though (maybe after the first restart, I'm not sure if I remember correctly) the screen turned blue-ish (as if only the B part of RGB did it's job).
After some somewhat frantic uninstalling and re-installing and unplugging and replugging of the device (which had no appear ant effect, the screen stayed blue), the screen finally didn't even bother to get blue anymore and stayed black.
My monitor acts like it is receiving a signal, but that signal is entirely black.

Has anyone of you encountered something similar? And maybe even found a solution?

Many thanks in advance!
Per
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (256.7 KB, 2 views)
Gezeiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
ChristianP

The logs show an error in reading the EDID of your display. Just to help identify the issue, if possible, could you please try to connect the adapter to a different display? Thanks
ChristianP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Carlo
Mac Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezeiten View Post
Hello everyone!
My monitor acts like it is receiving a signal, but that signal is entirely black.

Has anyone of you encountered something similar? And maybe even found a solution?

Many thanks in advance!
Per
Actually this looks to be a classic case of wrong cable or connector, especially if the monitor is connected through VGA. Please check/replace caves and connectors, in particular if you're using a DVI-to-VGA adapter that often creates trouble.

Carlo
Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Gezeiten

Hello Christian and Carlo,

many thanks for your replies. removing and reconnecting the adapter, connector and cable really did the trick. Now everything works fine!

Thank you for your support!
Gezeiten is offline   Reply With Quote