Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #1
traamandero

Default Problem after last windows update in 8.1

Hi,
I am using the Thinkpad USB 3.0 dock with my Surface Pro 2 for a while and now I have just come back from a trip and on that trip I have made an upgrade of Windows which Microsoft sends this month (I think it was 18th Jan)

Well, so I have came back to my office and Iīve found that the USB dock are not working with the external monitors but the rest of the usb devices (mouse etc) connected to the dock works fine so I thought that there is an issue with the Displaylink adapter and yes, it was.
Then I have installed the latest Displaylink drivers and they worked, everything looks right now but.....now the metro apps (oneNote, Drawboard, etc etc) just donīt work.
Only Internet explorer (metro view) is working.
I have restored the system to a point just before installing the Displaylink soft and the apps worked again. Then I habve reinstalled the Displaylink soft again and the apps failed.
With a tablet like the surface is a MUST to use that metro apps and the Surface has become also my desktop computer with the thinkpad dock so please there is anything that I can try to solve this?

Thanks for help
traamandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
JamesH

Hi,

Best bet is to try this:

1. Disconnect dock
2. Uninstall Displaylink software
3. Run the Cleaner from here: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297
4. Install 7.5 M0
5. Reconnect dock

Let me know if you still have issues after following these steps.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metro, windows 8.1